If I wanted to fit a flat bottom steering wheel, which one would I need?

Russboy

Reaction score
This is for my 2010 S4, current wheel is here:

pNMXo1g77I17QiwjLKU1xZKdo-4cthJwg16lpaVdYIOD4VzWkDjWrjI5r-tjketqPWJTkBsucifeiYYERVsjWaxBOia69rPVcUijoI9c7KeaBB2NpKuTrJOGBbYCLHql877ZmjpW0BRH8CJxLK4rKlrNKmII-GGKO-XB7wNvEsdshKCqoEFNKKEEaeZjR1Doomomz-fI3ZucEL82nx_E3By4vGYXrUbtArybH9XdRV13x7jjre4YjhNE69uAXx8gctppZDnYjMn4XIk38-y3VLQrypxriM8O2UH_Q5hYGkIzF9bXH8LfapCeQ4h85bZzRpsQwICfV0gzNOcXAY3sXcydLzoCBa7V5cQbQYw_zmU5Wwnf8SMlcFmlBM3kJH2X0gq8pTehCGFZzCdbvTjEIc01ptVCVGjiFHgB9iDyS_vcUkjfQkHRfxO0Tn6VqFNvzN3gp_t65vdZ0zTCrFzzahyhbrrOe65WxsbdckfjkZBNVm3iw9r1AtLLj0Gte1M1uiLB-H5l4Q7-YYTpZ07YUxFVC5Uc6rz1uFC8upGCrhjMn5A-jUm9BIYRHslFmXBOYGWxWuhyHQ3WDeIN78fJj_EZlRNfRp0ocD3VIrauz17toc7_jJpUCQ=w2156-h1617-no

I know there are various wheels out there so what wheel would I need & then what else might be needed? Obviously has to have the flappy paddles & I guess they's have to be "mapped" to the car?

Cheers all,

Russ

Reactions: Chop.
ebay for me again

got a re trimmed flat bottom wheel from poland think it was about £350 ish straight swap used the air bag out my current wheel at the time

just make sure you get the right year with the same shape air bag and paddles and it will swap over no problem

think there is some companies will take your wheel and alter it or do a part exchange, some else might know more about that

you will need a big torx ( or maby alan key cant remember ) for the centre bolt

If I get an ebay one would the paddles not need to be mapped to the car then?

I guess what i'm looking for here is a model number to start the search off with.

I believe its just a plug and play as long as they are from the same model etc you have paddles already so i dont see a problem mine swapped over just plugged it in and away it went

some one else can hopefully correct me if i'm wrong

Presuming (cant be bothered to get up & go out to the car!!) that the paddles are built into the wheel then? So I have to buy a wheel with paddles already.

I've seen a few posts with people being caught out by buying the wrong wheel, don't want to end up in the same boat.

Bringing this thread back to life as this is on ebay ending today:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S4-Flat-Bottom-Carbon-Fibre-Steering-Wheel/253957678806

I've sent him questions about fitment but no response so far:

I guess this is a S4 steering wheel that has been modified to have the flat bottom? I looked at these before but they're not as nice as the OEM ones (but yours with the carbon addition it is making me think again), but getting the right one to ft my car is a pain in the ar53! With the OEM ones they all seem to have the round airbag (which looks nicer) but won't fit my car.

Does it include the airbag? Will it bolt straight onto my S4? If the airbag is included would it need to be programmed to the car?

Thanks,

Russ