Ibiza Cupra engine with VF28 ihi sat there or fit Gt28 turbo to current S3 engine??

Andyrew_88

Reaction score
I've got a complete low mileage Seat Ibiza 1.8 20vt engine fitted with IHI VF28 turbo recently overhauled by Turbo Dynamics, Jabbasport manifold and 440cc injectors sat there. But I also have chance of a GT28 turbo with manifold that I could fit to my S3 engine. The Ibiza engine was running about 340bhp. Just wondering what people think the best thing to do would be?? Thanks

GT28rs? GT2871r? whats the rest of the spec of the engine? rods? valves? large port head?

<tuffty/>

Unsure of which GT28 turbo....I will find out when lad gets back from holiday. Which is best? GT28rs spools quicker doesn't it?? The S3 engine is completely standard. The Ibiza engine has been to Jabba for pistons but running standard rods and valves.

I wouldn't be fitting any of them without rods tbh...

GT28rs is a low 300's capable turbo with a spool subjectively in the region of 3.2k, GT2871r will be just over 350hp with a 3.4k spool... the IHI if its the one I am thinking of is a 330hp turbo...

No need for valves but rods for sure...

<tuffty/>

either of those builds should ideally have a forged set of rods might be worth going with the cupra engine with the ihi and putting rods in it while its out of the car? especially as it will already have the oil and water lines made up for the turbo

tom

where will spool be on the ihi turbo roughly?? don't want a lot of lag as looking to use for track days etc and want the power there when i need it, nice and driveable.

the IHI should be very similair to the gt28r in terms of power and spool