I seem to offend people on here but ive only bought my S3 for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how brave people are on the internet isn't it....

smitch said:
Amazing how brave people are on the internet isn't it....

Lol....you're not threatening to beat me up now are you? lmao....surely comments like that should be reserved for kids like me?

Silver is the fastest colour imn the world

silver75 said:
We have a winner for dumbest comment of the day. Bravo.

Presumably because of the obvious typo, Silver is really, really fast. Though not as fast as red :p

Tallpaul said:
Presumably because of the obvious typo

nope, its because blue is obviously much much faster.. Silver is only good for forum screen-names.

Funky_Junky said:
And personally i'm getting a little tired of hearing about Ess Three's comments on the 8L S3's shortfalls.

Don't read then.
Simple.

I appreciate he has done some excellent work with his previous S3 and I appreciate the advice and help he has given so many people (my tyres pressures even reflect his recommendation). I'm just sick of having the 'required mods' thing rammed down my throat over and over again, "the S3 is crap without this and that and this" etc etc.

It's an opinion...read it, or don't read it.
I don't care.

The S3 is crap standard. That's my view...mine lasted a week before it was in bits.

I write about my experiences...you can agree ot dissagree.
I really couldn't give a ****.

Forums are about personal opinion and sharing views but every post i've read recently seems to consist of Ess_Three dictating the way things should be.

This is just my opinion and I await a flaming (probably by Ess_Three ;)

And here I am forgetting that because this is an audi web board, I should only post good things.
Diddums.

Get over it...just go to the next thread...job done.

Memo to everybody:

Offending people is not a criminal offence (yet). We are still allowed to express opinions to which other people take exception.

JamS3 said:
Anyway not wanting to argue or state any other form of debate whats the fastest colour for the S3....?

do a ****** search!, it's been talked about many times, and we all conclude that BLACK! is the fastest colour by far! :moa:

JamS3 said:
Anyway not wanting to argue or state any other form of debate whats the fastest colour for the S3....?

Immo Yellow......
Might treat myself to one some day!!!

I have always wanted a Immo Yellow S3 but never had one

This has made good reading.......The S3 is a great car...but every car can be improved if you are willing to throw money at it....Porsche 996 c2...more money you got a 996 GT3 RS.

My mate has got a 997 Turbo £109k of car.......2 months later he is bored...now it is chipped new wheels

I feel it is what you want out life..if your happy with what you got and happy how it drives, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Everyone has an opinon life would be boring if everyone looked through the same set of eyes

Immo Yellow!!!:hubbahubba:

I'm so pleased people think that they've got the most bestest car in the whole world ever, in the S3.
No matter if you spend £10k or £30k...as long as you are happy...then good on you.

I spent £30k on a project.
It wasn't great...but there was potential.
I made it what I wanted.

If you don't like my comments, ignore them. They are 'my' comments after all.

There are so many cotton wool people on here who like to be praised daily for buying an S3...or who think they've done so well in life to own one...or who genuinely think the S3 is spot on.
Good for you.
I don't share their view...

My comments are there for people to take what they want from...
In my opinion the S3 is crap handling...drive a Clio 182, a new Golf GTI, an Integra Type-R....or heaven forbid a Fiat Panda 100HP and you'll know what a good handling 'fun' car is all about...and it's very fuc*ing far from what the S3 is....and all at way less money.

People need to realise that this is a public web board...and you'll get opposing opinions.
If you don't like it...ignore it.
Don't get bent out of shape over it and throw all your toys out of the pram.

Ess_Three said:
I'm so pleased people think that they've got the most bestest car in the whole world ever, in the S3.
No matter if you spend £10k or £30k...as long as you are happy...then good on you.

:applaus:

If you don't like my comments, ignore them. They are 'my' comments after all..

My comments are there for people to take what they want from...]

Good advise
Take what you feel best from other peoples comments and ignore the rest if it upsets you

In my opinion the S3 is crap handling...drive a Clio 182, a new Golf GTI, an Integra Type-R....or heaven forbid a Fiat Panda 100HP and you'll know what a good handling 'fun' car is all about...and it's very fuc*ing far from what the S3 is....and all at way less money.

This is Ess opinion and so let him have it, he has spent time, money and effort with one and seems to know what he is talking about

People need to realise that this is a public web board...and you'll get opposing opinions.
If you don't like it...ignore it.
Don't get bent out of shape over it and throw all your toys out of the pram.

:salute:

jojo said:
do a ****** search!, it's been talked about many times, and we all conclude that BLACK! is the fastest colour by far! :moa:
I agree

What would you guys do if Ess Three was not here you would be a bunch of back slapping whores

Rev-head said:
What would you guys do if Ess Three was not here you would be a bunch of back slapping whores

What would you do if he wasn't here? :confused:

Rev-head said:

:yes::lmfao::lmfao:

:lmfao:
Rev-head said:
:lmfao: :lmfao:

Silver(whatever the stupid no was)

i thought it was a good post from ess, unlike you i dont live for stirring up people in threads on forums!

if i was licking **** i hope ess felt me :p

since everyman and his dog has had a comment...allow me to add some of mine:

Aky said:
That is exactly what I was getting at in previous posts and all he seems to do is give you grief for answering back.

Give you grief, my ****.
If you dissagree, have a reasoned and valid reason...that's how debates work. Then everyone can learn something.

If all you can do is slate the car why did you buy it in the first place?

Erm...because I wanted to?
Because I wanted a project...
And because I didn't want to buy the obvious Evo/STI.

Is that a good enough reason for me to wait 6 months on the waiting list and spend £30k of my hard earned cash?

You obviously didn't do your homework and give it a real test drive otherwise you wouldn't have bought the car.

Actually, doing my homework was EXACTLY the reason I bought it.
Is that so hard to understand?

Yes its not the best for handling however it is the perfect compromise for power, handling and comfort.

No it's not.
Not in my book anyway.
When I'd finished it was the perfect compromise...not when I bought it.

But having say this I wouldn't be happy if I had spent £30k on it to find it was like this. Unlike some of us...........ESS THREE (no wonder he's bitter)

I can assure you, I'm not bitter...
I had my S3 3 1/2 years and was very sad to let it go...it was devestatingly effective, if boring at the limit...bit it was a brilliant car. Once it was tweaked.
I spent well over £40k on it in total and don't regret a single brass farthing of it...I'd do it all again tomorrow.

I'd have it back in a heartbeat...as would the owner after me...

Which is why I feel able to make comments like I do, because I've been there, done it...and would do it again in a heartbeat.
Is that so hard to understand?

Tallpaul said:
Gotta say, i agree.

The results and recommendations of 'best mods' for the S3 are stickies on this forum. Why not just simply direct people to them?

Actually, they aren't best mods.
They are MY mods.
Follow them if you like...or not. I don't care.

I didn't make them sticky, as I know what needs doing to improve the S3...I don't care if others do, or don't.

Personally, I couldn't care if the other users spend way too much of their cash buying ***** and making their car worse than standard.
But some users, it seems, are happy to follow recommendations and advice that works, and that will save them some money.

Again, I don't care if they do or don't...
I suggest most of the whinging gits adopt a similar attitude.
Follow the advice if you wish, ignore it if you don't.
I'll not loose sleep either way.

claudefrog said:
haha.. personally i find ess_three's guide very interesting on what he found worked... now that he has his porsche he may think that it handles soo well out of the box compared to the S3, and by right it should, it cost more than an S3 :) but the S3 handles moderately well comparing it to a fiat panda for arguments sake.

Actually, I think you'll find I've said several times that my old S3 would murder my 911 on the twisties at speeds below 80-90 MPH...the S3 was just sooo usable.
But boring.
But yeah, you're right, a Porsche should be 'better' than an S3 bearing ocsts in mind.

I didn't buy the 911 to go fast....I bought it to entertain.
As is my right...I think. Unless I'm not allowed that anymore?

Funny that you mention the Panda...
In the fun stakes, the Panda 100 HP has the S3 completely licked...not as fast, not aw well built and not wearing the hallowed 4 rings badge that is oh-so important...but much more entertaining.

... just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to show yourself up as some saddo who hates the admin lol .. lets have a list of all your forums you run and see no negative posts .. give the guy a break .. one man against a bunch of children .. show me a magazine that everyone agrees with or a tv programme or a genre of music ... we all have our own tastes .. but why not show a bit of respect ... tell me again how much you all pay to keep this forum costs going .. that's not to say some people don't donate of course .. but i just joined and i pay squat .. the way i see it is what you get out of things you should put back in .. i find this forum quite useful now and the least i can do is praise the people who run the forum ...

I just dont see what u get out of this site. U had an s3 a while back, u modded it to suit ur needs/ wants. if someone elses is not up to ur standards or spec its immediately crap. You say u dont care wot people do and if uv helped them out or not. Whereas some on here do seem to be geniune and try to help,and thats one of the many great things about online forums. In saying this u do get many a **** on them too.

If u didnt care wot people thot or did, then why reply, it wouldnt bother me if ur posts were helpfull or informative, but on the whole ur just filling up the board with some dim witted negative comment trying to get one up on someone that uv hacked off or disagreed with.

i think u should take ur own advice
u dont like it, ignore it

anyway, rant over

nky_84 said:
I just dont see what u get out of this site. U had an s3 a while back, u modded it to suit ur needs/ wants. if someone elses is not up to ur standards or spec its immediately crap. You say u dont care wot people do and if uv helped them out or not. Whereas some on here do seem to be geniune and try to help,and thats one of the many great things about online forums. In saying this u do get many a **** on them too.

If u didnt care wot people thot or did, then why reply, it wouldnt bother me if ur posts were helpfull or informative, but on the whole ur just filling up the board with some dim witted negative comment trying to get one up on someone that uv hacked off or disagreed with.

i think u should take ur own advice
u dont like it, ignore it

anyway, rant over

:applaus: From one Scot to another! :applaus:

This really is quite boring, as is the inability to resist having the last word.

Is everyone still going to be friends at gti international ?:moa:

or would we need 2 audi-sport stands lol :arco:

before anyone shouts at me, am only joking :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.