I knew I couldn’t stay away for long

f1nny

Reaction score
Hi all

As some of you might know 20 months ago I downgraded slightly to an A3. During this time missed my A4 Saloon, so much in fact I’ve decided to order another :grinning:

My previous A4 was a Manual 2.0 TFSI 190ps which was at the time rare and now no longer available. So I have decided to order a A4 Saloon 1.4 TFSI in Manual form. Not being a big fan of options I’ve gone for a S-Line in Ibis White.

Last time I managed to get around 12.1% discount (£3870) which included a £2500 Audi contribution @4.9%.

However this time I’ve managed to get 18.6% (£5771) which includes the £2000 Audi contribution @3.2%. So getting the car for £25244 which kind of made it better value for money than an A3 1.5 TFSI engine.

Only problem now is that my dealer has to wait to place my order as Audi have suspended all new car orders until this WLTP testing has been carried out, after which MY19 will be available.

The question is though will the 1.4 150ps engine be dropped in favour of the 1.5 150ps engine found in the A3 to help meet the new WLTP targets. Has anyone heard any info with regards to this?

Hi and welcome back, you have made a good choice. Unfortunately we don't know what plans Audi have for the engines, it could be that it's not until the facelift comes out that they change to the 1.5 however there should be no problems with the 1.4 being tested under the new WLTP as it really is no more than a different testing regime http://wltpfacts.eu/ and from what I understand the 1.4 has a lower Co2 than the 1.5 anyway.

Reactions: f1nny
Hi all

As some of you might know 20 months ago I downgraded slightly to an A3. During this time missed my A4 Saloon, so much in fact I’ve decided to order another :grinning:

My previous A4 was a Manual 2.0 TFSI 190ps which was at the time rare and now no longer available. So I have decided to order a A4 Saloon 1.4 TFSI in Manual form. Not being a big fan of options I’ve gone for a S-Line in Ibis White.

Last time I managed to get around 12.1% discount (£3870) which included a £2500 Audi contribution @4.9%.

However this time I’ve managed to get 18.6% (£5771) which includes the £2000 Audi contribution @3.2%. So getting the car for £25244 which kind of made it better value for money than an A3 1.5 TFSI engine.

Only problem now is that my dealer has to wait to place my order as Audi have suspended all new car orders until this WLTP testing has been carried out, after which MY19 will be available.

The question is though will the 1.4 150ps engine be dropped in favour of the 1.5 150ps engine found in the A3 to help meet the new WLTP targets. Has anyone heard any info with regards to this?

If you follow the german rumour mill then they hint towards the 1.4 being replaced with the 1.5tfsi

You've got a great deal. Congratulations. My current leased car is identical to your future car, except for being in Brilliant Black rather than Ibis White.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the 1.4(or 1.5) engine after driving the 2 litre petrol.

Anyone know what the new testing impact could have on the S4?

It will probably change the co2 values hence possibly a change in road tax and possibly company car tax bik tax as well...

Reactions: TameAutumn
Hi and welcome back, you have made a good choice. Unfortunately we don't know what plans Audi have for the engines, it could be that it's not until the facelift comes out that they change to the 1.5 however there should be no problems with the 1.4 being tested under the new WLTP as it really is no more than a different testing regime http://wltpfacts.eu/ and from what I understand the 1.4 has a lower Co2 than the 1.5 anyway.

Thanks, I just couldn't stay away from the A4, such a nice car compared to the A3 and A1 :D

I've just spoken to Audi UK who have confirmed the rumour about no orders until BW32. So dealers can start submitting orders again at the start of August. By then they'll have 2-3 months worth of orders so i have no idea how they'll catch up on that back log when they only get a set monthly allocation.

You've got a great deal. Congratulations. My current leased car is identical to your future car, except for being in Brilliant Black rather than Ibis White.

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the 1.4(or 1.5) engine after driving the 2 litre petrol.

Yeah the deal seems really good, that's why I asked them if the price is protected even though there's a chance they can't submit my order until the next financial quarter.

Well the 2.0 was a brilliant engine I thought, very smooth and refined. The fuel economy was brilliant for a 2 lite petrol too. The new 1.5 tfsi utilizes most if not all the same tech as the 2.0 tfsi e.g Millers cycle, DI & MPI, and Turbocharger with electrically actuated variable turbine geometry.

Having driven the 1.4 150ps in an A3 I can only imagine it's a smooth in the A4 as it is the A3. The only thing I noticed in the 2.0 tfsi was with it being a Manual and longitudinal I noticed a slight wobble/vibration in the gear stick when driving. Hopefully this isn't the case with the 1.4 tfsi, Have you noticed any vibration in your gear stick?

Reactions: WesT-gefül
To be honest I think you will wish you went with the 2.0. Now I’m in the auto I couldn’t go back. It’s a fairly heavy car. Great price though.

Well I'm currently driving an A1 S-tronic and it's brilliant. I just can't justify the extra £1500 for the S-tronic in the A4 with the 2.0 engine.
Plus there's the extra maintenance cost with the S-tronic oil change. My A1 has the Dry Clutch S-tronic with it being below 250NM torque so I don't have that problem.

Shame the 2.0 tfsi manual is no longer available but I'm sure the 1.4 will still be a good engine in the A4

Well I'm currently driving an A1 S-tronic and it's brilliant. I just can't justify the extra £1500 for the S-tronic in the A4 with the 2.0 engine.
Plus there's the extra maintenance cost with the S-tronic oil change. My A1 has the Dry Clutch S-tronic with it being below 250NM torque so I don't have that problem.

Shame the 2.0 tfsi manual is no longer available but I'm sure the 1.4 will still be a good engine in the A4
I was quite disappointed with the 1.4 until about 800-900 miles, mine really loosened up then. Until then I was thinking I had made a mistake, so stick with it!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk