I could cry.

Dan Rae

Reaction score
Was at football in Glasgow last night, first time taking the new car up after owning it for 4 months. Game finished and headed back to the car to come back to this!

What do you guys think, new arch? Going to go round some bodyshops this morning to get some quotes. What's Misano red like for matching with old paint?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 701
Mate totally gutted for you. This happened to my old A3 last year in work car park. New wing was never right afterwards despite it being painted 3 times. Draytona is terrible to match.

I think missano might be a bit easier. Time will tell.

Wish you the best of luck getting it sorted mate. It's heartbreaking when people do this and drive off with no care. Did u see what was next to you?

G

Reactions: Dan Rae and pburv
That's awful mate, so sorry to see it!
I'm thinking ideally new wing, bumper just needs paint - any wheel damage?

Reactions: Dan Rae
Nightmare Dan, sadly solid red is a terrible colour to match, especially noticeable under Amber street lights, I had a door damaged in a supermarket car park, same as yourself, noticed when i returned to the car, nothing you can do though mate.

Reactions: Dan Rae and pburv
Is it possible the car park had cctv?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Nightmare Dan, sadly solid red is a terrible colour to match, especially noticeable under Amber street lights, I had a door damaged in a supermarket car park, same as yourself, noticed when i returned to the car, nothing you can do though mate.

It's not all doom and gloom, I was rear ended in my Brill Red and Audi Cardiff replaced the bumper and hand on my heart I cannot tell that it has been replaced, the car was 2 years old at that point to

Ah jesus!! I think I would do a "TAKEN" ....in this situation....

I WILL FIND YOU ......AND I WILL KILL YOU !!!!!

Hope you get it sorted ......some people in this world are inconsiderate C**ts :wtf:

Reactions: azibux1, Scottyg, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Sorry for you, I had something similar on my 8P A3 about 5 years ago. Will not need a replacement just some good quality TLC.

Would suggest going somewhere reputable to ensure its colour matched and cured properly and not the guy under the arches 'cos its half the price. Might be in the region of £750 - £1000 if my experience is anything to go by.

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and Dan Rae
Mate totally gutted for you. This happened to my old A3 last year in work car park. New wing was never right afterwards despite it being painted 3 times. Draytona is terrible to match.

I think missano might be a bit easier. Time will tell.

Wish you the best of luck getting it sorted mate. It's heartbreaking when people do this and drive off with no care. Did u see what was next to you?

G

I checked both cars next to me both had no signs of damage, I have come to the conclusion somebody was trying to parallel park and when pulling in they were to close to the front of my car but if that's the case the shouldn't be driving a car! The alloy is fine just some rubber marks. There was also rubber marks on paintwork which have rubbed off.

Went around some bodyshops in Carlisle and cheapest price so far is £250, they do all the work for the local jag and merc dealerships. My insurance excess is £500 so not going to bother going through them.

Reactions: Dunedin
Is it possible the car park had cctv?

I'm afraid not, it was on public street with parking each side.

I had a check of the houses nearby but no signs of cameras.

Reactions: pburv
********. No dash cam I presume?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Was talking about them last night on the way home, was a long drive!!

Do they work when the car is switched off?

I'm afraid not, it was on public street with parking each side.

I had a check of the houses nearby but no signs of cameras.
Real 'Bummer' mate..
Hope you get it sorted soon..

Sorry to see this Dan - hope it's sorted soon should be an easy colour to match. Had a wing and door painted on my last car a Nevada White Leon FR for £270 by an approved Vauxhall repairer - it was mint and nobody could ever tell what side had been painted. Listers wanted £750 !!

Reactions: Dan Rae
That's a total bummer. I hate people's who do this total scum.

On a lighter note, don't go to see Celtic again. They're mince. :friends:

Reactions: Dunedin and pburv
I know the feeling. When my A3 was just 3 months old somebody put a dent at the base of one of the c pillars in a car park. ( How on earth do you do that?!). Luckily it didn't break the paint seal and I got the dent pushed out at my local body shop. We value our cars, so we pay whatever it costs to put them right. I couldn't bear to drive around with dents, scrapes and scratches.

That's a total bummer. I hate people's who do this total scum.

On a lighter note, don't go to see Celtic again. They're mince. :friends:

Haha I'm a season ticket holder. Did ok against the part timers last night

Reactions: Scottyg and pburv
Sickening mate, hope you get it sorted at the right price.

I know the feeling. When my A3 was just 3 months old somebody put a dent at the base of one of the c pillars in a car park. ( How on earth do you do that?!). Luckily it didn't break the paint seal and I got the dent pushed out at my local body shop. We value our cars, so we pay whatever it costs to put them right. I couldn't bear to drive around with dents, scrapes and scratches.
I have two small dents on the front passenger wing which some scumbag kindly added.....It only had 80 miles on the clock(1 week old)....To say I was :puke2:was an understatement...

Reactions: Simon L
I have two small dents on the front passenger wing which some scumbag kindly added.....It only had 80 miles on the clock(1 week old)....To say I was :puke2:was an understatement...

I hope you've addressed those imperfections Paul..................unlike someone I could mention...............:whistle2: lol

I hope you've addressed those imperfections Paul..................unlike someone I could mention...............:whistle2: lol
To be honest mate I haven't...But I would like to put some imperfections to the face of the toerag that did it.....
I will get it sorted sometime soon though...:salute:

Reactions: Simon L
To be honest mate I haven't...But I would like to put some imperfections to the face of the toerag that did it.....
I will get it sorted sometime soon though...:salute:

I'm so terribly disappointed in you!! :blink: lol

Was talking about them last night on the way home, was a long drive!!

Do they work when the car is switched off?
Some do have recording features that turn off when the car battery is low. I have a Thinkware F750 and it is very good with motion recording when parked. Hope you get it sorted.

Some do have recording features that turn off when the car battery is low. I have a Thinkware F750 and it is very good with motion recording when parked. Hope you get it sorted.
OP could check out the F770 now too