Hydro mounts for B6 1.9 Tdi AWX

Dakes55

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can buy a pair of new engine mounts from for a 2002 A4 B6 avant, 1.9 AWX engine, I don't want to buy from Audi, I've seen loads of used ones on ebay but can't seem to find anyone selling them, one has the electrical solenoid on it.

There's a massive recent thread on these

Try ECP

I think people are using b5 mounts from euro straight fit on b6 1.9

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I've been on my computer for 3 hours and can't find anything, tried euro car parts but they didn't want to sell me B5 mounts as they said there not for my car and didn't have a reference number for them, I'll try the others that have been suggested and see how I get on

Thanks, that part is listed as right hand, is there another part number for the left side or do I just need to buy 2 of the right hand side 337441008 ?

Just use the details of a Audi A4, 2000, 1.9 TDI.

Mounts are the same both sides, but the passengers side does not use the cover provided

Reactions: mattyb6
You can get a gearbox mount from eBay for £20 plus a snub mount for less than a tenner

Just use the details of a Audi A4, 2000, 1.9 TDI.

Mounts are the same both sides, but the passengers side does not use the cover provided
Still use the plug for the sensor as well? Or not?

I cut my sensor block off the old one, plugged it back in with a zip tie to a secure place and used the B5 mount. No issues with diagnostics yet.......and I have sensors on both my mounts

I cut my sensor block off the old one, plugged it back in with a zip tie to a secure place and used the B5 mount. No issues with diagnostics yet.......and I have sensors on both my mounts
Sounds like a plan

Didn't realise you can get them for about £50 inc the snub

Plus £20 for the gearbox one

So how do they drive now with the b5 mounts, did anyone notice a difference, I heard you get more vibration with b5 mounts

Mike, in another thread somebody is saying that it's not a sensor, but a valve that lets fluid pass depending on engine load. Do you have the old one to open up & see what's inside!

It's a solenoid valve that controls the fluid flow in the mount, when the car is stationary the valve is open to allow the mount to be softer and less vibration, when the car is moving then the valve closes and stiffens up the mount, that's how I understand it.

Interesting, you can see why people use the B5 mounts as you can get them both for under £50, yet the B6 ones are over £200 from TPS

I think Audi are going OTT lately and getting far too technical with the design on things like this, I've had many Audi's over the years and my personal opinion is that the older models seemed to be better and also better build quality, but maybe it's all down to making money from parts that fail early?

Did any of you guys that have swapped to B5 mounts have the whole shakey idle thing when stationary, and if so did the B5 mounts cure it?

The new B5 mounts have tightened my car up loads and stopped some engine shake that I had. They are however firm and I do get some vibration on idle, but it doesn't bother me.