Hub Centric 5MM wheelspacer for 8P S3

VAG_Club001

Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone know where I can get 5MM hub centric spacers please? I'm going to be doing a big brake conversion and need 5MM clearance

Thanks

KKP

Your hub is sticking from the brake disk already around 7 mm (better measure yourself). You'll have some trouble with spacing 5mm as you can't fit hubcentric ones and with non-centric you have virtually no hub to fit your rim on :)
I know because I was in the same boat fitting 7mm spacers, hopefully my rims had bigger center bore so I milled adapter+spacer combo and that fitter perfectly.

Reactions: VAG_Club001
I'm going 8 Pot calliper and I have one of my spare wheels on a test rig Vagbremtechnique have set up and they have said I need approx 3mm but 5 MM to be on the safe side

Pretty sure you can only get hub-centric on your car at 10mm due to the hub lip! 5MM spacer is going to be a normal spacer with a huge trouble to fit the wheel! :(

The first link, they aint hubcentric, read the description, the ones in the picture are misleading and look more like 25mm. Call em an ask 1st bud.
2nd link are for fitting bmw wheels and wont work.
3rd link are more favorite, but again the ones in the picture are not 5mm, so call them first mate.

The only way you can fit 5mm true hubcentric spacers is by shaving off you current hub lip by half and then custom milling new spacers to fit your setup.

The first link, they aint hubcentric, read the description, the ones in the picture are misleading and look more like 25mm. Call em an ask 1st bud.
2nd link are for fitting bmw wheels and wont work.
3rd link are more favorite, but again the ones in the picture are not 5mm, so call them first mate.

Thanks, I have contacted all of the sellers for exact pics and whether they do them for the the 8P

Are you using aftermarket wheels ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-PAIR-...234674?hash=item4adad90172:g:FVsAAOxy4c5RsfB2
$(KGrHqN,!o0FEJ)t812cBRsfB2yYFQ~~60_57.JPG

Yes I am mate, BBS CH-Rs 19s, why do you ask please?

See attached pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    740 KB · Views: 86
Thanks, the wheels have aluminium spigots in them which slip onto my hubs cleanly and perfectly. I'll get with and without spigots sizes

Hah, you should've told about your rims earlier :)
If you're using spigots then the bore is more than stock 57.1mm so the solution for you is the type of spacers posted by "xpoweruk", actually the same type I'm using right now! That's the combo I was talking about :p
You won't need you current aluminium adapters, just find the right sizes spacers.

Post a pic after mod done :)

Reactions: xpoweruk and VAG_Club001
I think I understand :) So what your saying is getting ride of my aluminium spigots in the wheels at the moment and replace with the ones posted above xpoweruk once I find the right size spacer

Reactions: Keram and xpoweruk