How easy to change spark plugs, 2010 S4?

Russboy

Reaction score
Cars going in for a service a week today and although plugs aren't due (were done at 32k in June 2015, now at 50k 3.5yrs later) last week I had a random misfire on 2 banks, cleared straight away when I restarted the car and cleared the code via Carista.

Doubt plugs are the issue (especially on 2 banks) but if it only adds a small labour bill to the service I might just get them done as well.

Cheers,

Russ

Cars going in for a service a week today and although plugs aren't due (were done at 32k in June 2015, now at 50k 3.5yrs later) last week I had a random misfire on 2 banks, cleared straight away when I restarted the car and cleared the code via Carista.

Doubt plugs are the issue (especially on 2 banks) but if it only adds a small labour bill to the service I might just get them done as well.

Cheers,

Russ

It’s pretty simple. Especially if you have a cold air intake. Here’s a good link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Russboy
Cool, thanks.

So as it's being serviced anyway what time do you reckon they'll add for changing them?

Reactions: inflyte21
I would say 2 hrs minimum. Shouldn’t be more than that to be honest

Ouch, on top of the service? At £80 an hour think i'll do it myself!

I just had my plugs changed along with cabin filter and oil change and inspection service and was charged 2 hours labour for the lot.

I sure that's what inflyte21 ment.

2 hours total for everything.

Reactions: inflyte21
I just had my plugs changed along with cabin filter and oil change and inspection service and was charged 2 hours labour for the lot.

I sure that's what inflyte21 ment.

2 hours total for everything.

That’s correct. Thanks MuPPet_ON_TouR

Cool, thanks all.

Last year I had oil & filter, pollen filter and the charge was just over an hour.

On top this year i'm having brake fluid changed, gearbox oil changed, gearbox sump wiped over, strainer in the gearbox changed and gearbox software reset so it learns with worn components rather than new.

I reckon that'll push the labour up to 3 hrs, so maybe with plugs it'll go to 4?