How does the electric lumbar work?

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
I can't seem to understand how this thing works.

It has 4 directions marked by circles with small dots in them but I can't seem to know what they do and how it works.

It's just 4 actuations - up and down, in and out.
You won't see it doing anything. You need to sit in the seat. Then you can feel the back of the seat going in and out, and the position of the support going up and down. It's a brilliant feature, specially for those of us with bad backs!!

Reactions: Minion Bob!
Ah interesting ! I need to have a play with this then I had no idea there was an up and down control. I thought of it being a simple bladder that was inflated with forward and up and deflated with right and down presses of the 4-way control.

Agreed I wouldn't be without it.

I've done some more research ....

It is as Richard describes above there are two motors, one motor powers the unit up and down and the second moves to either stretche or compress two metal straps which react against a plastic membrane covered in foam which gives the in and out adjustment.

scAAMUdm

VEhpmZK6

Reactions: jetron and steverobertsbbc
Nice of you to strip all your upholstery off to take some pictures for us, Rob!!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Haha lol anything for a fellow forum member !

I had a feeling that was how it worked. Thanks!

Reactions: Rob2k68
That's fantastic, thanks Rob! :)

You're welcome !!

It's actually a lot more complex than I'd imagined and probably reasonable value for money as an option given what goes into it especially as it's on both driver and passenger seats.

It's the one option that I recommend everyone to get, as it's quite cheap, it includes both seats, and of course there's no lumbar support at all if you don't go for this option!