How Do I Adjust N75 Valve?

Imola-S3

Reaction score
Ayup,

If you read some of my other posts you'll see I've been having issues with a remap I had done earlier this year... I've replaced various sensors / valves but the car is still running at a lower BHP than what this company dyno'd it at (lost 35BHP!).

Today I fitted a Badger5 TIP to my Dads 1.8T S3 and noticed on his N75 valve that down the hole on the top of it the flat head screwy looking thing was aiming in a different direction to what my new N75 valve is.

Are these adjustable? Is that what mine possibly needs? I tried a flat head screwdriver and applied slight pressure to see if I could get any turn on it but it seems pretty solid in its place, I didn't want to turn too hard incase I knackered it up.

Is there a specific was of adjusting these or should I just leave it for Nick to look at when it goes to R Tech later this month?

When I had my S3 (8L) many moons ago, I changed my N75 for one from an RS4 or an RS6. I've never heard of then being adjustable.

However, from having a quick search online if you adjust the screw by half a turn anti-clockwise you should notice a difference.

Yeah, my Dad's looks like its been turned anti clockwise. Think I'll leave it for Nick at R Tech and see what he says.