How are the roof strips held in place?

Rhencullen1989

190 S LINE QUATTRO
Reaction score
Hi, my 1.8T quattro s-line saloon has the passenger side roof strip (the bit that runs from front to back on the roof) lifting up at the rear, whenever i wash it i push it down, but it soon lifts up slightly, how is this strip kept in place, i.e clips etc, any advice greatly appreciated.

I have this exact same problem, but on the drives side. The strip lifts at the back slightly.

Would be good to know how they're attached as I'm thinking about asking a mate to make me some carbon fibre replacements to complement the (soon to be) black roof.

Cheers.

I know on the Avant the roof rails are held in place behind the roof lining which can be an **** of a job to do. My advice would be to pop into an Audi bodyshop and ask a fitter. Sling him a drink he'll do it for for you as there is a way of doing it without taking whol lining out.

Not sure if this helps....

Thanks Torque, I've heard the stories of what a pain the avant roof bars are to get off. I would be horrified if the little plastic strips are held on in the same way. It's not like they are designed to hold any weight like the roof bars are.

I'm hoping it's just plastic clips, but don't want to just pull the strip up and risk completely ruining it to find out.

Cheers.