Hot weather 2.0 tfsi

Mr Billy Gardiner

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have trawled through many threads and web pages and I am unable to determine the best cause of action.

Here is my issue.

I have owned my car since January , I started having starting issues when the weather got hot and would get the EPC light on and the car would be in limp/safe Mode.

The car seemed to start ok, but sometimes it seemed a bit jumpy

If i drive it round the block, stop and turn off, then restart the car is back to normal and starts

Do you have any ideas or advice.
I really would appreciate the input on this.
Also my friends is doing the same thing so I am hoping it is a common problem and some one can help me

Thanks for reading.

Hi, the best advice you can get, will be to do a diagnose. We can guess before it as well, but that's about it. Sorry couldn't help more

As said above you need to get the fault codes checked and go from there.

That being said, I have heard of instances where these cars going into limp mode with no fault codes.

I have had it plugged it, it just says boost pressure Sensor. I changed that and still doing it with the same code until last week like you say it now has no codes.
Thank you for your replies

The problem with reading fault codes is that they sometimes point to symptoms of the fault rather than the faulty part itself. for example the boost pressure sensor could be showing a fault of pressure too high/low. The sensor itself is fine but its readings are outside the ecu's preset parameters so show a fault which in reality could be a boost leak or overboost condition with many possible causes. It might not be much use to you now but posting the full fault code result might enable someone to help more.