Horrible knocking noise from front

ryanstewart_1991

Reaction score
Hello I have a s3 8p I've got a horrible knocking noise from the front I'm running relentless coilovers and droplinks so I know it's not that I've checked for play and can't feel anything it's knocking over small bumps it feels like it's beneath my feet had anyonr replaced the anti roll bar bushes due to this and what like of a job is it ?

anti roll bar bushes are pretty straight forward, undo the links then on each side you got 1 bush to replace holding by plate on 2 (13 or 15mm) bolts. However are you sure is not cuz of too hard/low suspensions?

I tried to get them off today got the two bolts off but the bush would not split I've done anti roll bar bushes before but the top half off the bracket holding the bush in wouldn't come off is there a special way of getting them off ? And it was there before I fitted the coilovers mate

I've got exactly the same problem but, started by replacing drop links the put a set of vmaxx coilovers on and replaced the top mounts as well, it's a lot better than before as it used to be a rattly knock over just slightly rough roads but now it take a few bumps to create a knock, if the anti roll bar bushes work let me know. I was going to try wishbone bushes next?

I'm in the same boat. Been told it could be engine mounts :eek:(

Been under my car today and still couldn't find anything, had the lever bar trying to find movement in every bush I could find but everything seems solid!

Steering rack. Check for play up and down on drivers side.

checked that. Mine had a new steering rack 2 years ago so is still relatively new

should be pretty straight forward, the plate is on 2 bolts squeezing the bushes to anit roll bar and then to frame, may be just a bit of dirt holding them up. try to wiggle it and see if it loose, or spray some wd-40.

Yes you do, I've got adjustable drop links, if you don't change them they will rub on your Drive shaft

It looks like the front anti roll bar bracket is in two pieces how do you split them though ?

http://www.oemepc.com/audi/part_sin...bcategory/407005/part_id/265885/lang/e#sec_16
nr. 16 to me seem to be 2 bolts on each side...
70220.jpg