Hopefully get my car back this week

IanP82

Reaction score
Four weeks after someone drove into the side of our four month old S3 we should be picking it up on Wednesday. Hopefully the repair job is up to standard and I can have the car back as new.

Reactions: pburv
Four weeks after someone drove into the side of our four month old S3 we should be picking it up on Wednesday. Hopefully the repair job is up to standard and I can have the car back as new.
Sorry to hear your car has been involved in a bump..Good to hear you are having it back...For the 'sadists' among us could it be possible for you to show a before and after pic of the damage? If it's not too painful for you of course...lol:friends:

Here's a pic of the damage

It's having a new drivers door fitted and a new rear quarter because they wanted to put filler on the damaged one which I refused. Just hope they do a good job of the repair.
Also please ignore the dirt on the car, It's hard to keep clean all of the time driving round country lanes.

View attachment 80265 Here's a pic of the damage
It felt a bit wrong ticking the 'like ' button on that pic..LOL
That's quite bad..What reason did the insurers give in not writing it off??
As for filler on a repair on a new car is sooo wrong...Were you covered by GAP insurance?

We didn't get a reason about it being written off. I take it nothing underneath was damaged?
Yes we have Gap insurance on it.

We didn't get a reason about it being written off. I take it nothing underneath was damaged?
Yes we have Gap insurance on it.
Thanks for the replies...Hope you get your car back in 'Tip Top' condition...:friends:

Hope the repair is OK, did the person who hit you wait/leave their details or just drive off?

The lady who hit it did leave her details and her insurance has admitted liability.
Hopefully the repair will be ok, Otherwise I suppose I'll have to reject it until I'm happy with it.

Reactions: pburv and S32B
Oh that's good then, not many would do that. When someone hit my dads car a few years back, they just drove off and left him with a damaged car and a big bill!

Who is doing the repair, Audi or an insurance picked repair centre?

The lady who hit it denied it being her fault at first but I guess her conscience got the better of her. Repair is being carried out by an Audi approved repairer so should hopefully be ok. Although as I said in the first post they originally wanted to fill the rear quarter.

The lady who hit it denied it being her fault at first but I guess her conscience got the better of her. Repair is being carried out by an Audi approved repairer so should hopefully be ok. Although as I said in the first post they originally wanted to fill the rear quarter.
I'm sure you are aware but don't sign the release form from the repairer until you are 100% happy..Also if you can take a magnet with you when you inspect the repair to see if any the extent of filler used..Looking forward to seeing the pics..:friends:

I won't be signing for it unless I'm 100% that's for sure. The repairing garage have said they are taking pics of the whole repair so it'll be interesting too see what they've done.

If you do take a magnet, place it inside a microfibre cloth...don't want to scratch your new paint ;) Don't forget the inside as well, make sure everything lines up and all the electrics/windows/mirrors on the door work, as all the trim will have been off/on.