Hi all ! Thinking of buying ....

RB55

Reaction score
Hi,

New to forum and looking for advice .

Bit of background : good car diy-er,I owned different cars makes over the years that I have repaired and serviced myself and gradually climbed the badge ladder :)) vauxhall/ renault/peugeot/ford...etc and due to ULEZ I decided to get a 2008-2009 petrol estate that I can fix if need it ,mod it etc. Atm I am looking to choose between an BMW 525i estate with the N52 engine (last aspirated one ),or an A4-B7 avant 2.0 TFSI.

I always had a soft spot for Audi but somehow never owned one. I have the opportunity to purchase a special edition s-line with around 120k on clock / FSH /2008/ manual . Doing some reading and research and I understand that this might be the BUL engine ?(it has 217bhp),and wanted to know if is anything in particular to look out for when seeing the car tmrw?

As I said I do not fear cars but in the same time I do not want to walk straight into a project car that consumes time and ££:))

Any comments /opinions /advise is very welcome as I have no experience with this car/engine .Thank you.