HG carbon air intake experience?

They are all much of a muchness IMO. Some fit better than others, some look better than others, but they all do more or less the same job. But so does the OEM intake mod on this site plus replacing the box to turbo inlet pipe. You will get a lot of induction noise which is great, but in terms of power you wont really notice much of an increase, perhaps a little more right at the top end, although this upgrade does become relevant when going stage 1 or 2.

That ones does seem a bit expensive tbh. Pretty sure the R600 is cheaper. If you want it to look good and dont mind the cost then go for it.
If you want the noise, a few bhp more but dont want the cost then do the OEM intake mod (about £40 for the performance panel filter )and replace the airbox to turbo inlet pipe (about £200).

Btw, the modification may be an issue when it comes to a warranty claim to do with the running of the engine. I'm sure you'll be fine but just be aware. I had no end of Audi bitching about my uprated intercooler when the issue was absolutely nothing to do with the ****** intercooler.

Reactions: Salik Sajid
Hallo,

I want a carbon air intake for my audi s3 8v sedan from 2019. Is it worth the money? Maybe someone have experience with this HG-motorsport air intake? please let me know

kind regards

https://www.hg-motorsport.de/shop/p...L3cebZ9Li1PJtX2MO9_2RfzkNPuko-LtVut6Hs5IbKdJs

i wont spend so much on this carbon intake for 5-10hp, if u really want carbon look intake check forge motorsport or Revo carbon intake also if u r more into power check VWR600 and save some money for uprated intercooler.

again not really much bang for buck on the stock map. Before the remap my car made 304bhp with the uprated intercooler, OEM intake mod, turbo technics inlet pipe (pretty much the makings of an R600 intake). Admittedly, it was 25C that day so its pretty good numbers on such a hot day, but not really a huge gain. The uprated intercooler does give a more sustained performance though, especially at the top end after ragging it through the gears. I felt that 4th gear definitely felt a bit stronger but there was nothing really noticable in the lower gears