Help with fitting Heater/Climate controls on A4 B7!

BarryM

Reaction score
I currently have a 2006 56 plate A4 2.0T. My car also has the heated seats which come with the extra 'dials' on the climate control unit, the paint has come away from a few buttons and also has a mark on the paint where a drink was once spilled,

Ive managed to get a replacement unit, I was just wondering how hard are they to fit, had a little search but cant find anything usefull, and also do I have to get it 'reprogrammed' or just a case of swapping parts?

Any help much appreiciated,cheers

Do you have a single din headunit or a double din? E.g have you got a cubby hole under your cc unit? If you do then its single din. Either way it should be a case of just removing your headunit with the audi removal keys.these can be bought on ebay for a couple if quid. And ince the head unit is removed you should be able to get the cc unit out, then unplug and fit new one. Shouldnt think it will need coding or anything( just check the part numbers s to see if they are the same).
Another route you could take is to replace the damaged buttons, i did this on mine when i did a double din conversion, just bought a cheap cc unit and removed and changed the bits i needed.( was quite a straight forward job really)
Hope this helps😃

Cheers, Yeah nipped my mates garage,got the headunit out (double din) and got them out, only problem was I have bought a climate control panel from a single din car, which is different in size! Gutted, plug it all back in and my headunit is coming up error when I want to play my CD's. it has the smphony 6 disc in! Any idea's what the problem is?