Help with dashboard buttons, please!

M_Ali

Reaction score
Hi, I have just got my A3 Sportsback S Line 2018 and I need help with some of the buttons. There are not many but I still can't figure them out. I know the P for handbrake. I would appreciate it if you can help explain the rest of the buttons, specially the two with an A.

Also, when it comes to petrol, is it OK to use 95?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_082215_resize.jpg
    IMG_20181214_082215_resize.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20181214_082212_resize.jpg
    IMG_20181214_082212_resize.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 110
Hello and welcome!

The first picture, the A is for hill starts (I don’t have one so I’m not 100% how it works)

Second picture (left > right) - a button to turn on/off stop start function - hazard lights - traction control on/off - raise/lower your MMI and drive select.

I personally use 99 Ron but I have an S3 running around 370bhp - I don’t know what your manual/petrol flap recommends but being stock 95 is probably fine...

What Tom has said is correct. The A is for Hill hold assist, the manual should cover this or someone on the forum with a bit more knowledge than myself.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

@TomBlueS3 is the "a button to turn on/off stop start function" to start/turn off engine or just the MMI? Also, what's "Drive Select"? Thanks a lot for your help.

@Adam14 Thanks.

Anyone knows how the "Hill-start assist" work on a manual car? I'm sorry for all the basic questions, I'm coming from a long use of quite basic/outdated cars. Thanks

@TomBlueS3 is the "a button to turn on/off stop start function" to start/turn off engine or just the MMI? Also, what's "Drive Select"? Thanks a lot for your help.

@Adam14 Thanks.

Anyone knows how the "Hill-start assist" work on a manual car? I'm sorry for all the basic questions, I'm coming from a long use of quite basic/outdated cars. Thanks
Start/stop is the feature that auto cuts your engine when you come to a stop (if the conditions are right). Most of the questions here would be answered in your manual, I'd recommend reading that and if anything is still unclear asking further :)

Reactions: TomBlueS3 and B5NUT
The A with the circle around it is your stop/start engine button. So when your driving and come to a stop (at traffic lights) your engine will automatically cut out to save fuel. It will fire straight back up when you select a gear again to drive off. Press the button once to de activate your stop/start function.

When you press drive select it will cycle between various options (comfort, auto, dynamic etc) this settings adjust things like suspension, steering, engine (depending on model)

Don’t worry, that’s what this forum is about asking questions :)

Audi Hold Assist

Audi hold assist keeps the car stationary once it's stopped and automatically prevents it from rolling on uphill and downhill gradients.

During stops on uphill and downhill gradients, Audi hold assist holds the car stationary for as long as needed.

It's activated by pressing a button and allows the driver to set the car in motion smoothly without having to use the handbrake at all. If the vehicle remains stationary for a long period with Audi hold assist active, the system automatically switches over to the electromechanical parking brake. There's no need to operate the handbrake to pull away.

Audi hold assist is part of the ABS-ESP control system. After you release the brake pedal, the hydraulic pressure is maintained, meaning the hydraulic system keeps the brake pads pressed against the brake discs at the front and rear.

During this process, the electromechanical parking brake is not in operation. This means a quicker reaction time, less noise and less braking effect at all four wheels, and enhanced comfort. Audi hold assist is only available in conjunction with the electromechanical parking brake.

Start/stop is the feature that auto cuts your engine when you come to a stop (if the conditions are right). Most of the questions here would be answered in your manual, I'd recommend reading that and if anything is still unclear asking further :)

Yeah as per Adam14 - a lot if not all of your questions will be answered either in your car manual or just be inquisitive, get in your car and press the buttons and see what happens/is displayed on the MMI or driving cluster :)