On an rnse mk1. Basically did this

grey 32 pin connector 1J0 972 977 G
OEM Aux-in 3.5mm plug (8J0 035 475)
Then wire the 3 from the aux to the 32 pin connector and connections are
Aux In Left - pin 22 of AV Connector
Aux In Right - pin 6 of AV Connector
Aux In Ground - pin 21 of AV Connector
then coding via vcds

Aux is showing but no sound coming out. My car has bose and I have seen something about switching pins. I don't know exactly what needs switching though.

Does anyone know for sure if there is anything else that needs doing. It was just the aux port and wiring retrofitted. The rnse is from factory.

Cheers!

What's the firmware on the rns & do a hard reset just to be safe.

Double check your wiring.

Remember line levels on some handsets are low, try turning the volume fully up.

Just pulled it out to double check the wiring. All as it should be. Pin 1 to pin 21, pin 2 to pin 6 and pin 3 to pin 22.

Version is 650 so as far as I know it should work.

Have turned volume up as much as I could on device and car but no luck

Lol I have to laugh tbh as it's always the simple things ;)

Im glad to see someone has done this, its a surprise they never fitted one from the factory. Where have you located the input socket?
Cheers

Generally I fit these in b6/7 gloveboxes.

well...audi screwed me over with the socket. i ordered the square looking one, part number 8J0035475 but they twice gave me 8J0035475A which i cant see how to mount it. might as well have just ordered a female aux off ebay. they reckon they spoke to Audi after the second time they got it wrong and 8J0035475A has replaced 8J0035475

the plan was to mount the square socket where the cigarette lighter goes (using a dremel to carve it out a bit), and use the cig lighter wiring to put a usb charger socket into the tray.

the square ones are £20 odd from ebay but the new one from audi was about £8!

It's highly unlikely to replace because the size, shape are completely different, so if ever a warranty one comes up they'd have to replace like for like.

I'm going to check the parts catalogue to see what they're upto.

may have slagged off Audi prematurely. they located one for me (had to get it couried from t'up north apparently) and also knocked a few quid off the clutch switch i picked up at the same time. now all sorted but anyone planning the same...make sure you are getting the right socket before planning out the fitting!

Mine is currently fitted with symphony and Rnse is on the cards in the near future but in the mean time can this mod be fitted to symphony?

Cheers chaps

Not sure tbh but I think I saw symphony 2 mentioned in a couple of the guides I read. Although I think the wiring is different

Hi guys

wondering if you could point me in the right direction I had aux cable fitted in rnse but I have been told it needs AUX coding does anyone know where I can get this done im based in Leicester

thanks