Help!! what wheel fit with B5 S4 brakes

sebhar70

Reaction score
Fitted B5 S4 brakes with spacers on my audi TT RS alloys, just wondering does anyone know what wheels (OEM/Reps) they will fit under without spacers?

I think virtually every wheel catches on them without spacers. Someone else recently said that they ground them down to fit. I think I will keep the spacers on for now and probably upgrade to B6 S4 calipers.

Dare i say , B5 S4 wheels pass as do B6/B7 S4 wheels then you have the likes of ABT , BBS etc which generally all clear due to spoke design ,
theres no harm in using spacers of a good origin with good quality extended studs thou if you like the wheels you have .

So you got a grinder to them, I could do that but not sure if it would affect the structural rigidity and possibly bring on a brake failure, although that would depend on how much you lop off in my case I would have to take about 8mm at least. The second option is to put some decent spacers but that has it's own issues from what I gather is wheel wobble at high speed and increased wear of the bearings. These are just worse case scenarios and probably quite rare.
I would suggest that if someone were to consider this upgrade you would need to bear in mind that it is not a straight forward mod. If you want a plug-and-play brake upgrade go for the B6 S4 brakes.

Mercedes Brabus (reps) fit without any problem's . I had b5 s4 brakes on my b6 and had the same problem, Brabus wheel's 19"x8.5" was the size of the wheel no spacing required . The only other wheel that will fit is the Ronal 18" x 8" as found on the s-line model's the replica of this wheel will NOT fIt.

You wont get wheel wobble of increased bearing wear with a spacer if you stick to a reasonable size , as all your doing is altering the ET of the wheel slightly ,
only thing is you need a 12mm hubcentric front and 13mm rear so the hubcentric part of the spacer clears the original spiggot of the hubs on the B6
or as i am doing soon removing the hub and machining the original hub spiggot a couple of mm so 10mm hubcentrics go straight on
you can run 5mm spacers with longer studs if you like as this will still allow the wheel to sit on the original spiggot of the car then you would only have to take a very small amount off the calliper .

You wont get wheel wobble of increased bearing wear with a spacer if you stick to a reasonable size , as all your doing is altering the ET of the wheel slightly ,
only thing is you need a 12mm hubcentric front and 13mm rear so the hubcentric part of the spacer clears the original spiggot of the hubs on the B6
or as i am doing soon removing the hub and machining the original hub spiggot a couple of mm so 10mm hubcentrics go straight on
you can run 5mm spacers with longer studs if you like as this will still allow the wheel to sit on the original spiggot of the car then you would only have to take a very small amount off the calliper .

So you reckon that I can only use 12mm spacers or 5mm, I have got 9.5mm universals at the moment but plan to purchase http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300292283610&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I'm not sure of there quality so will be speaking to them to get some more info. I've read about and people have used 5mm, 8mm, 10mm but recommend after 10mm to use hubcentric. There are arguments for and against non-hub and hub or spacers that bolt into hub then wheel or just spacers with extended bolts. There does'nt seem to be any definative answer and I suppose you go with what you can afford and feel safe with, I do believe that hubcentric are the safest set-up but are expensive, spacers with ex bolts are reasonably priced and are effective as long as you don't go above 10mm and have the correct length bolt which are good quality and the 3rd option is the bolted in spacer which some say are more secure than standard spacers but a lot cheaper than hubcent. Hay Ho! decision decisions!! :uhm:

Mercedes Brabus (reps) fit without any problem's . I had b5 s4 brakes on my b6 and had the same problem, Brabus wheel's 19"x8.5" was the size of the wheel no spacing required . The only other wheel that will fit is the Ronal 18" x 8" as found on the s-line model's the replica of this wheel will NOT fIt.

Thanks for info do like Ronal 18" and was considering going for these but in reps ain't got £800-£1000 spare for OEM.

Hi
i wouldnt use universals , use specific 5 x 112 ones (sorry i should have said that ) the link ones are not that nice looking to me,
personally i would not go any more than 15mm per side with extended bolts and i definately wouldnt use adapters as you have another 5 bolts on each side to come loose and worry about also there generally a min depth of 20mm
try your 9.5 but you will find that you have no spiggot to centre the wheel at least with most wheels any way
This is the sort of thing i use well i do http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15mm-wheel-sp...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item483b036e58

also i have used H+R but there a lot of money and i didnt find them any better in quality fit and finish etc .

Thanks for info do like Ronal 18" and was considering going for these but in reps ain't got £800-£1000 spare for OEM.

No the rep's will not fit. Audi OEM only. I had OEM s-line wheel's and they fitted over the s4 b5 brakes without any problem's but sold them when i bought the Brabus rep's. I thought the same thing when trying a replica s-line wheel as i wanted to run rep's for the winter. I tried load's of replica and after market wheel's and most of them hit the caliper's.