HELP!! Red brake warning light on DIS screen at roundabouts

drewbee

Reaction score
Hey all

i get the red "brake" (symbol/display) on the DIS screen when going around roundabouts.

i read the maunal and it says check the brake fluids and if its an abs fault, a yellow light will come on.

in my case, no yellow light comes on, just the red brake symbol on the dis screen, strangely it only beeps a few times whist going round the roundabout then it goes off. i know it cant be brake fluid cos i got it serviced 2 weeks ago.

could it be a fault on vag com that you just reset? or is this a more serious problem?

advice pleasee??

thanks

Or you could just check the brake fluid level rather than assuming some other type of fault! The fact it was recently serviced means nothing.

I'll second that!! check your fluid mate, and your pads all round. If your pads are low then it'd lower your fluid level, so cornering would add to the 'lack' of fluid. happened with mine, put in a new set of rear pads, never had a drama since.

Drew...what does the book say.......check your fluid!! If it's low the remaining fluid may move to the side of the reservoir enough to cause the low level warning to function as you go round the roundabout :)

LOL, i thought it might be something else as it was too dark last night to check the fluid levels, but i did have a quick look this morning and its sitting just below MIN, so will defo be topping this up.

can you confirm any dot 4 fluid is okay? and do i just top it up just like that?

cheers

LOL, i thought it might be something else as it was too dark last night to check the fluid levels, but i did have a quick look this morning and its sitting just below MIN, so will defo be topping this up.

can you confirm any dot 4 fluid is okay? and do i just top it up just like that?

cheers

LOL...yes mate, dot 4 and just open the lid and top up to just below max

LOL...yes mate, dot 4 and just open the lid and top up to just below max

thanks Marky!! just got the fluid, and poured it in, and i notieced theres some kinda filter in there, and the fluid was just stuck on top of it, gave it a few pokes with a screw driver and it sucked in.

is the the right method? i did it a few times and got bored, dont fink i poured enough in. LOL

thanks Marky!! just got the fluid, and poured it in, and i notieced theres some kinda filter in there, and the fluid was just stuck on top of it, gave it a few pokes with a screw driver and it sucked in.

is the the right method? i did it a few times and got bored, dont fink i poured enough in. LOL

you can lift that out! as long as you've got enough in to get over the min mark you should be fine lol