HELP please RNS-D to RNS-E swap

Ashy>>

Reaction score
Hi all

Hoping someone has done this swap as all I can find is for the symphony swap.
I have my new loom, GPS puck and aerial adapter, plugged the E into it all today and pressed button to power it on.

Problem is that it won't power off when key is removed and also the backlight won't work.

I have coded it to an A6 as I did with my last S3 rnse swap.

Just wondering if something is different with it already having the RNS-D factory fitted. Can't find anyone who has done this swap previously.

Spent 3 hours going round in circles today with this .

I even removed the can hi and low from the redundant RNS-D plug and fitted them to the harness but it didn't make a difference.

Looking online people with s4's have this issue and they have to bridge the TMC module... Do 8l's have this?

Any help would be amazing

Looking at this thread you need to mate...

hth

Looking at this thread you need to mate...

hth
Yeah I've read that, struggling to find anything about a TMS module for an 8l though

Is it worth trying running CAN H/L wires from the cluster to the RNS-E mate?...I know this is not A3,S3/8L in this thread but says about a 'different' canbus signal from the TMS module...

Might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Is it worth trying running CAN H/L wires from the cluster to the RNS-E mate?...I know this is not A3,S3/8L in this thread but says about a 'different' canbus signal from the TMS module...

Might be worth a try if you haven't already.
Any idea where the TMC module is? I've looked in the boot but can't see it

According to this thread,...

it's...

the TMC (navigation interface - R94) lives behind the drivers storage compartment on the centre console carrier according to Elsawin

Good luck mate.

Reactions: Ashy>>
According to this thread,...

it's...

Good luck mate.
Thanks I'll go routing for it soon

Finally got it sorted today.

Removed driver side panel and found the pesky TMC box. Connected the aerial wires together and then the can lo and hi together.

Connected the other cans into the harness and it's all go.

For reference it's this silver box

Good stuff mate, glad it's sorted.