HELP NEEDED - WOBBLE ON S3 STEERING WHEEL AT 75MPH PLUS

shortfletch11

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently noticed a wobble at the steering wheel at speeds of around 75mph plus. I have had the balancing re-done and checked my tyre pressures, but am yet to have the tracking done?

Like many of us on here I spent a fortune on a set of 19" BBS Alloys and am very protective of them. I only take my car to Audi and PSI in Stoke on Trent (Quality place - cant not recommend enough) who look after them, however I need to take it somewhere to get the tracking done. If i take it a standard "wheel and tyre" place do they have to take the wheels off to do tracking or is it all done via a laser??? Also can anyone recommend a decent place for this in the Staffordshire area?

Cheers

shortfletch11

More than likely to be balancing still - had several instances where I had to take mine back to be re-balanced. Other than that it could be warped disks?

Make sure wheels are properly balanced, get proper 4 wheel alignment done and take it from there.

If it still occurs after these have been done, then you can start looking at other possibilities such as warped disks etc.

No but if you cant find one then the place I go to in Hazel Grove, top ten tyres £24 to balance all four tyres is brilliant and would be worth the drive

cheers for the responses people.

I have had all 4 sets of discs and pads replaced recently and balanced.

Could it be tracking then? if so do they take the wheels off to do this or not?

Have the wheels rebalanced elsewhere and watch them do it. Insist that the machine shows 0:0 after the balance is complete.
Take your own weights off if you want to avoid scratches as the fitters lever off the old ones with what ever is handy.

Was the wobble there before new discs?
Do not over look tyres may be at fault. Try swapping one wheel at a time to if that improves things.

1 of your whhels might not be sitting on the hub properly... Seen that before