Help me!!

azimbo

Reaction score
Hi. I am an Audi A7 user. Recently my car got involved in an accident and I went to claim from my insurance. However, they asked me why my mileage is different compared to the data extracted from my key fob. Is this a common problem? Does anyone know how the Audi key records and stored the mileage?

Thank you. Your help is appreciated.

First time l have heard of a difference between the mileage records.

How old is the A7, and what is the difference? Do you have access to VAGCOM?

Is the car new to you, or have you owned since new?

I bought the car on 2012. Yeah that is why I am confused. The difference is about 20 km. My thought is maybe the mileage will only be updated to the key after a certain km driven by the car. Did you know about that?

Never heard of VAGCOM before. The key data was analyzed by the Audi service center in Damansara.

VAGCOM (used to be VCDS) is a cable and software combination used to read codes and modify software settings using the OBDII port on the car.

I thought the key was updated all the time. 20km is quite a small difference between the two readings. If it was 20,000km, I'd be more worried!

Haha. The problem is that I frequently used the car, however, the key last update was about two months ago and the difference is only 20 km which did not make any sense. I think there might be a problem with the key syncing with the car. I dunno, need to ask someone who is an expert on this matter.

Reactions: RAF_S7
Maybe ask Audi too? I had a strange one a while back...car went in and as always, I take a picture of the DIS with mileage, date (picture is also GPS/time/date stamped).
When I got the car back, the mileage not only had not increased, but it had in actual fact DEcreased by 2 miles.
I know for a fact there would have been 5-10miles of test driving on just day 1 and the dashcam confirms this... I did quesiton it but no one could figure it out/have an answer for me.
I left it as is but as above, only because it's such a small amount of diff.

Reactions: azimbo
Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate your help. As for now, I still unable to understand why the key data did not sync with the mileage on the dashboard. However, just like you said the difference is only a small amount. Maybe my key got damaged or something. But still A7 rules. :rock:

Reactions: RAF_S7