Hello from Scotland (sorry another)

peteh

Reaction score
Hi all, been on here for a week or so but thought id better make my arrival offical. :)

Im pete originally from northants/cambs but have recently took a job up in edinburgh, so have relocated to Scotland (to be closer to my mrs) currently renting in Livingston (central) as the mrs still works over glasgow plus her family are all there, so ill be between the two cities so if you see me give me a wave, lol.

My back ground is ford RS's which i still have, but wanted a estate car for ages and being the quattro will help me with the scottish climate :)

Here's my ride, missed out on it initially but bagged it in the end...

after a quick wash today, rented house has no outside tap so was a nightmare!!!

dragging its *** north up the M74, lol

So thats me, hello!

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Pete, welcome to audi-sport.net. I will add you onto our Scottish Members list. Nice car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Sorry to add, it's a 1.9 oil burner, quattro, cruise, heated half leather, built in sat nav so think I got a pretty well spec'd one.

First on the list when I grow some plums is try and get the drivers rear light cluster out and sort the moisture in it :)

Pete, thats you added to Scottish members list. Link below for our Scottish meets, look forward to seeing you if your able to attend and come meet some of us. :) x

Scotland

Hi just joined from Scotland too need help as just bought a3 with loud noise on cold start up then goes away after 3 minutes sounds like tensioner

Video with sound on start up

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just joined from Scotland too need help as just bought a3 with loud noise on cold start up then goes away after 3 minutes sounds like tensioner

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. What year is your A3. Where in Scotland are you? :) x

Late 2005 based in glasgow just bought car couple of days ago checked with audi had timing belt changed at 56k in 2010 and serviced at 77k now due a service at 87k drives and idles absolute fine except for that noise on cold start up which may be the tensioner but I dnt see why it is as the timing was changed not long ago.

That's a weird one, really noticeable it going when it's warm as it clears.

Like you said a dry pulley or one with knackered bearings? I notice it's 'louder' like something's turning on it, have you looked where the cambelt/pulley is? Any rub marks on the inside of the cover? Or some kind of timing pulley that ******* once warm?

Don't know a lot about those engines only my mrs mk5 gti had the turbo fsi engine and that had a loud clicking but think that was a injector solenoid.

has it been audi for all it's servicing? Paisley vw centre seem decent guys if you wan take it to them (the video)

Last edited:
Late 2005 based in glasgow just bought car couple of days ago checked with audi had timing belt changed at 56k in 2010 and serviced at 77k now due a service at 87k drives and idles absolute fine except for that noise on cold start up which may be the tensioner but I dnt see why it is as the timing was changed not long ago.

Ok, firstly i will add you to scottish members list. If you post your issue and video over in the A3 8P section, the guys will advise you in that. :) x