Hello and a couple of questions

SlowS3

Reaction score
Hi All.
My first post and, as always, lots of questions on things that are “different” from my old car.

I have an S3 saloon 8Y, in shy Python Yellow purchased a few weeks ago. I have come from a BMW F30 340i, so am missing the silky smoothness that a 3.0 straight six gives, and the instant acceleration, but I love the handling and the cabin in the S3.

A couple of questions I hope the hive mind can answer for me:
  • When I put the car into “P”, I get an audible “Clunk” as it goes into Park, should this be happening?
  • The water temperature only takes a couple of minutes to get to 90 degrees, oil temperature takes some time as expected.
  • This thing is too quiet. I don’t want to do res-delete and am looking for an exhaust system. Being the saloon, I can only see Milltek, do we know when either Scorpion or Cobra will bring out an exhaust for the saloon or are there any others I can look at? It would need to be valved.
Thanks for any replies
Dave

• When I put the car into “P”, I get an audible “Clunk” as it goes into Park, should this be happening?
  • The water temperature only takes a couple of minutes to get to 90 degrees, oil temperature takes some time as expected.
Both of those are normal behaviour for the A3.

Reactions: Jops
Hi All.
My first post and, as always, lots of questions on things that are “different” from my old car.

I have an S3 saloon 8Y, in shy Python Yellow purchased a few weeks ago. I have come from a BMW F30 340i, so am missing the silky smoothness that a 3.0 straight six gives, and the instant acceleration, but I love the handling and the cabin in the S3.

• This thing is too quiet. I don’t want to do res-delete and am looking for an exhaust system. Being the saloon, I can only see Milltek, do we know when either Scorpion or Cobra will bring out an exhaust for the saloon or are there any others I can look at? It would need to be valved.
Thanks for any replies
Dave

I have an S3 too, although it won’t have the same effect as a full exhaust, have you tried unplugging the exhaust valves? Even in dynamic mode the exhaust valves don’t open until over 4k rpm.

I bought some blank connectors, unplugged the valves while they were open to keep them open, and popped in the blanks to keep them dry and clean. It’s not a huge difference but it’s immediately noticeable and keeps me happy without forking out £1.5k for an exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk