Heko wind Deflector install options

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey
I put some heko ones in the old golf and they were a pain in the *** to get right and once I put the metal clips in it snapped the plastic from the top of the deflectors but they still fit ok and the windows closed.

After I installed them I seen a post years ago with someone saying you did not need the clips and they held in place by themselves.

Has anyone installed the HEKO ONLY ones without the clips?

If you have any other brand then I dont need to know as I know Climair do not have clips, but are larger so it does not reflect the product I have?

I just got them delivered and want to install next week.

Thanks so much

I seen your deflectors on another post.
Im glad you can install without the clips, they are a nightmare to fit, ensure you can close the windows and everything line up.
Thanks dude

Yeah mate! Windows up and down without a rub or the deflectors moving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varies from car to car , on my VW I required extra clips to stop the window fouling .

20160210_154327_zpsvresk4x3.jpg

I'm not sure how they are going to just stay there without as the double sided tape goes off.

I've installed mines on one clip per door only. They still hold but sure, rattle alot.

Also, if you pull the window button up, so the window closes by itself, glass touches the top and opens back half way down. Happened to me on a motorway few times. I need to pull it up slowly and bit by bit at the top.
If I try to reset the memory of self closing window, it will half open again and memory progress goes off.

Those metal clips are badly designed and are wider at the window peak positioning in the frame. This is what's restricting it to close normally as the mechanism thinks, something got stuck in there and opens the window.
If they were made to spring hold the deflector and stay out of the way of glass, that would be ideal.

They do make a bit wind noise, must say

Sent from H P20 PRO

I couldn't get any clips in at all. They just don't fit. Fitted them in the Skoda and they went in easily and fit perfectly but not the A3. I might try and get extra very thin double sided tape and try and fit them again.

Seems hit and miss on if you need clips or not.
They come with tape on them so will try without first, but if they rattle then I will have to try put a couple clips in.

have them on my pfl over a year now, no clips and no issues... immediately after installing them close the windows and don't open them for 24ish hours

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Well I just put them in
I did not need any for the front, they fit tight, but will know when I do my next trip down the motorway
The rears I definitely needed them as they just fell down, so 2 on each.
They look really good, cant wait for my alloys to come back from the powder coaters