Heated seats

Dicer74

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I recently noticed my driver's seat in a 2005 a6 sport line saloon which has front and rear heated seats being warm with the heated seat function turned off.
What i now know is all the seats seem to be staying slightly warm when they are supposed to be off.
What i initially thought was an individual seat issue could be something else because i doubt if all the heated seats are faulty.
I have ordered a Ross Tech scanner to help scan for any fault codes but any guidance from anyone with experience of this issue or what to look for with the scanner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Never heard of this fault before. Do you have any issue with battery drain, and are they factory fit or retrofitted. PR codes will give you that information.

Thanks for the reply, the scanner lead arrived today so I'll have a look tomorrow

Hi, so i did a scan realise i may need a course to learn about how to interpret scan results.
I will have learn how to post scan results with my replies but for now I'll just give a list of malfunction modules(i think).
My problem as stated is all the heated seats seem warm without demand.

05-Acc/Start Auth.
2 faults found, 00190 and 00192.
07-Control Head.
1 fault found, 01964.
17-Instruments.
1 fault found, 00003.
61-Battery Regul.
4 faults found, 02273,02276,02274 and 02277.
I will search online for any information but if anyone has a clue regarding the relevance of these codes to my heated seats issue then your input would be appreciated.
Thanks

Joining the dots I would guess at an issue with the regulator and it can’t power the seats as they’ll draw too much.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
What do you think the fault with the battery regulator could be?

Without searching all the fault codes the regulator could be being asked to provide too much current as there is another fault which is keeping the heats on.

I’m not an expert and am probably wrong, but thinking logically it could be one of the issues. Cancel my previous post as I’ve just reread your initial one.

I’d google the codes and that should give you an indication of where to start. For example your 01964 is related to the seat memory module.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?13046-01964

Many thanks, whether you right or wrong, your input is appreciated.