Headlights

Tuckey92

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i have a 3.2 V6 S line with OEM Ballasts / xenons, i want to upgrade these lights to have DRLs i've already looked into face lifting the car however this is out of my price range so i think just changing the headlight unit will do however i've found alot of these aftermarket headlights dont support Xenons only Halogen.... i dont want to do this as i like the colour of my xenons... been down the route of HID Kits before so its not my thing

see links attatched:

the other option it to purchase some ultra bright flexi LED's and dismantle the headlight and stick them on the side... please see link attatched:

question is has anyone done either? and kept the ballasts or ever dismantled the plastic lens of the headlight ?

any info is greatly apreciated :)

Thanks

Nathan

Yes they can be split, but be careful what you fit as they can look really shxt if you fit the wrong ones as such, guessing yours are single vision xenons, not bixenons, can always upgrade to bixenons which then makes the raised beam a drl position on the headlights to then fit an led bulb.

correct mine are single xenon, not fussed about Bi-Xenon.... i forgot to include links

Aftermarket: AUDI A3 2003-2008 8P BLACK DRL LED PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS RHD | eBay

AUDI A3 8P 03-08 BLACK LIGHTBAR STYLE DRL PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS | eBay

^^ believe these are all Halogen only....

the alternative is to do something like this VV

DEVIL EYE HEADLIGHTS Audi Style White-Amber Switchback DRL LED Headlight **NEW** | eBay

unless anyone has any better ideas ? i like the strip style DRL not just single bulb ones...

also any info on splitting the headlight would be great

Thanks

Scottie did a led drl mod, but it was a pita, if you split make sure they're sealed very well, I personally wouldn't bother as they can look very chavy indeed, but good luck & I wouldn't touch aftermarket tat if you have xenons fitted currently.

if done right i dont think they would look chavy, i just want DRL :(