Head unit quiet speakers

freezebox

Reaction score
Fitted an android headunit from eBay on my 2007 A3. The rear speakers and sub are noticeably quieter than the previous stock audi symphony unit. With the previous unit the bass was so strong and punchy that the rear glass used to vibrate and sound quality in general was nice and even.

Does anyone know why this could be or how it could be resolved? Willing to pay anyone that can fix it for me as I'm at my wits end. Have had someone tell me it could be due to a crappy amplifier in the android unit however can this not be bypassed? Only other option I have is to get rid of this chinese unit and replace with something else.

Thanks.

I have just fitted a CT53-AU02 that has seemed to sort my sound issues out, it has a small 4 channel amp built into the loom that you can adjust each channel individually, it was 2 cables short however on the canbus (which took me ages to work out) but now sorted my rear Bose on my android headunit. Been trying various things for over a year and this is by far the best solution I've found for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CT53-AU02 is for the Bose system. Using the fader is not the solution. You need this:

https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/con...-tt-steering-wheel-stalk-control-adaptor.html

The problem is common. I spent a lot of time and money and went through two other harnesses before I finally got it sorted.
I hope I'm right in saying this one you have got looks like it comes with the canbus adaptor aswell which is why it's probably more expensive but that comes with the head unit so you can just use the one the other guy has suggested