Hard Audi clear coat....

DrEskimo

Reaction score
Picked up my car a few months ago and still trying to get the car polished and sealed with a ceramic...work/weather/amount of time needed has all contributed to it still not being done! Dealer prepped the car so fair amount of light swirls all over. I thought a 1 stage would be enough...but no...

So I met with a friend a few weeks back and after a full wash, decon and clay it was time to polish the car ready for a ceramic. We used a MF cutting pad and Meguiars MF correction compound and the results were perfect. Unfortunately we only had time to do the boot, driver side and bonnet...

So found some time yesterday to try and finish the rest of the car. I had a MF pad, but only some CG V line polishes. I thought V34 would be strong enough, but I was wrong. This was after two passes....

Could be my technique, could be my pads (did wonder if they are marks from the machine rather than swirls...?) but struggling to get the finish I won't/we achieved already on the other side of the car...

Also tried finishing the parts we already done and cant help but think I made them worse! I used a white hex-logic pad and V36 and couldnt get rid of these minor holograms/trails!!

In all a fairly tiring and frustrating day detailing....:wall:

Drove it like I stole it home to cheer me up

Reactions: scotty76 and Keef
Picked up my car a few months ago and still trying to get the car polished and sealed with a ceramic...work/weather/amount of time needed has all contributed to it still not being done! Dealer prepped the car so fair amount of light swirls all over. I thought a 1 stage would be enough...but no...

So I met with a friend a few weeks back and after a full wash, decon and clay it was time to polish the car ready for a ceramic. We used a MF cutting pad and Meguiars MF correction compound and the results were perfect. Unfortunately we only had time to do the boot, driver side and bonnet...

So found some time yesterday to try and finish the rest of the car. I had a MF pad, but only some CG V line polishes. I thought V34 would be strong enough, but I was wrong. This was after two passes....

Could be my technique, could be my pads (did wonder if they are marks from the machine rather than swirls...?) but struggling to get the finish I won't/we achieved already on the other side of the car...

Also tried finishing the parts we already done and cant help but think I made them worse! I used a white hex-logic pad and V36 and couldnt get rid of these minor holograms/trails!!

In all a fairly tiring and frustrating day detailing....:wall:

Drove it like I stole it home to cheer me up
@DrEskimo - Hit Detailing World (I see your a member on there too ;)) with your questions buddy. Someone may have some suggestions

@DrEskimo - Hit Detailing World (I see your a member on there too ;)) with your questions buddy. Someone may have some suggestions

Lol...ironically I copied and pasted this from DW as I wasn't getting any replies....

I think I know my answer already...buy some Meguiars MF correction compound! Little bit worried about going over the bits I've just hit with the V34, but considering the light swirls are still there, I can't of taken of too much?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
The MF is pretty hard core. No personal experience but read a lot of threads where it saved some messy cars. Good luck with whatever you decide. It's too much for me. :)