Had my car on the rollers yesterday...

Drystone

Reaction score
Managed 166BHP and 169 lb/ft of torque /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Not bad for a standard 1.8T.

The Revo guys were in attendance, my car felt MUCH faster on the way home. Strange that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Cheers,

Christian

Aye. It was a good day out yesterday (left my car at home). Nice to meet some VW car nuts for a change. All sound lads, and every car chipped in one form or another, except Christians. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Although his golf has a much higher standard output than what my A3 1.8T used to have.

And a nice blast (Christian driving) in GolfTTish's 247bhp Golf. Fantastic car, with an excellent engine sound, and performance that would eat my S3 once off the line. Amazing.

Yep. Christian had the REVO trial. Needless to say, it was a fast and sometimes hair-raising drive home. Although we were concerned at how jerky and un-smooth the power delivery was - which may be due to a boost leak Christians car had before REVO was installed - something which Christian is probably going to chase up.

Awesome car of the day though, was Badger5's (Bill) Seat Ibiza Cupra R with the Jabbasport 326bhp conversion. Sounded absolutely awesome on the rollers.

Oh, and thanks Benjy for finding out what the Haldex fuse number was. A guy was there with an R32, and was going to put his car into 2wd mode by removing the fuse so that it could be put on the rollers. But on speaking to JPR, he advised against it because AmD have heard of a few Haldex units failing after this had been done. So I purposely didn't tell the lad with the R32 - he may have been too tempted to do it.

AL

Hi Al,

Is it fuse number 5? I think it is!

"Tean D" (let's call him - not real name!) used to pull the fuse on his haldex and I know he's had to have his rebuilt since then...

Best wishes,

Ram