H&R springs with mag ride

robps3

Reaction score
to the owners with 8Vs with H&R springs and mag ride, how is it on everyday driving. Ive fitted some new BBS wheels and the arch gap i thought i oculd live with i dont think i can.

I use mine as a daily and im wondering how it feels with the springs, my journey into work has quite a few speed humps and i remember my R32 had H&R springs and it was hard over speed humps and everynow and then it would rub on the arch liners.

heart says go for it , head says keep it standard and enjoy the ride even if it doesnt look as good

I had them on mine for about 12 months without any issues, speed bumps were fine.
I did have the magride recalibrated too to reset the rest point

Reactions: robps3
I had them on mine for about 12 months without any issues, speed bumps were fine.
I did have the magride recalibrated too to reset the rest point

did you, I keep reading that Eibach springs might be a bit better than H&R. did you drive it with the mag ride re calibrated and if so was it still ok or did it need the mag ride recalibrated?

thanks
Rob

did you, I keep reading that Eibach springs might be a bit better than H&R. did you drive it with the mag ride re calibrated and if so was it still ok or did it need the mag ride recalibrated?

thanks
Rob
Yes I had Alex do the recalibration, it will run fine without but it did feel better once done.
I have Eibach pro's on now and it does feel a little better but then it sits a little higher too

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Everyone I have had come to me for a MagRide Calibration with H&R springs has reported that the ride is very much improved once completed..... I have then seen all but two customers again for another recalibration once they have removed them and replaced with Eibach Sport lines!

H&R are not great on the MQB platform unless you don't car about anything other than fashion / looks. You can achieve a great ride with a decent drop by using Eibach Sportlines or an amazing ride and adjustable drop via MSS Kits. Unfortunately H&R, ED and VWR springs are not even worth thinking about in my option.

Reactions: Forbzeeee and robps3
@DJAlix Maybe a silly question, but is it possible to make the calibration remotely if you get the right measurements?

Alex did mine for the Eibachs and it's much improved!!