Gtechniq CSL + EXOv3 vs Cquartz UK

Supa Koopa

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has experience of these two products. I pick my Glacier White car up on
Saturday and have everything I need to prep the paintwork. The thing I'm missing is the sealant. I've decided I'm going to give a ceramic coating a try (will probably regret it I'm sure) but I'm not certain which one to choose.

The cheapest and safest would appear to be Cquartz UK as you can apply reload after an hour to hopefully guard against possible water spots if the unexpected happens while it's curing. It's £50 for 50ml which will do the recommended 2 coats. I have read it can be more difficult to apply though.

Gtechniq stuff seems to be in at the moment. £85 for CSL + EXO V3 + panel wipe and should do one coat of each. It seems it may be easier to apply, but it's a pig to remove if done badly.

I'm looking for which one is the easiest to apply and so which I'm less likely to make a mess of. Which should last longer or give the best finish.

With it being white I'm nervous of not getting all the residue off as it's hard to see and then it could be too late. I'm also a little wary of the longer cure time for CSL.

Reactions: V6_Man
Glad someone asked the question I wanted to ask but never had the courage to . Following the suggestions here as I have a Glacier White with AG Lifeshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad someone asked the question I wanted to ask but never had the courage to . Following the suggestions here as I have a Glacier White with AG Lifeshine.

Cheers Tashfeen, hopefully we'll get some insight. I've searched here and detailingworld, but it's never really that clear. I can see I'm just going to have to pick one and give it a go...! :)

I agree with you mate. I have been reading about it but there is nothing as such clear you can find. I believe as long as you have paint corrected the car properly I believe it should be fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a covered area/garage that I can detail inside but I do try the lights at night to see how good a job I have done (stage1 correction) and if I am not satisfied I go a bit aggressive the next day.
@Bristle Hound; what would your suggestion be mate.

I agree with you mate. I have been reading about it but there is nothing as such clear you can find. I believe as long as you have paint corrected the car properly I believe it should be fine. Unfortunately, I don't have a covered area/garage that I can detail inside but I do try the lights at night to see how good a job I have done (stage1 correction) and if I am not satisfied I go a bit aggressive the next day.
@Bristle Hound; what would your suggestion be mate.
@Tashfeen - I have never actually applied any of the products mentioned myself.
I know @jassyo06 has applied some of the Gtechniq products you mention
I had CarPro CQUK applied by a Pro detailer to the wife's old MINI JCW a while back

These products can be a bit fussy on application, needing time to cure overnight in a damp free environment (garage lol)

I applied Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT to the wife's 5 door MINI
Not only is it a fraction of the cost of the above products but works really well
(Keep an eye out on Euro Car Parts for it when they do there 33% discount)

I personally have my reservations as to the manufacturers claims of longevity, but thats just me lol

Plenty on Detailing World about these products
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

Reactions: Jassyo06 and V6_Man
Cheers BH, will have a read later tonight again.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I'm wondering if anyone has experience of these two products. I pick my Glacier White car up on
Saturday and have everything I need to prep the paintwork. The thing I'm missing is the sealant. I've decided I'm going to give a ceramic coating a try (will probably regret it I'm sure) but I'm not certain which one to choose.

The cheapest and safest would appear to be Cquartz UK as you can apply reload after an hour to hopefully guard against possible water spots if the unexpected happens while it's curing. It's £50 for 50ml which will do the recommended 2 coats. I have read it can be more difficult to apply though.

Gtechniq stuff seems to be in at the moment. £85 for CSL + EXO V3 + panel wipe and should do one coat of each. It seems it may be easier to apply, but it's a pig to remove if done badly.

I'm looking for which one is the easiest to apply and so which I'm less likely to make a mess of. Which should last longer or give the best finish.

With it being white I'm nervous of not getting all the residue off as it's hard to see and then it could be too late. I'm also a little wary of the longer cure time for CSL.

Yeah l applied gtechniq crystal serum and EXO 2 to my car this time 2 years ago, advice?,do one side at a time, panel by panel with the crystal serum,the panel wipe will remove any excess even after application say 30 /40 minutes, l found coating the doors the most difficult.... ie you need good light to see that you've applied/removed all the product, applying the product is OK a lot goes a long way remember , make sure you have plenty of new microfiber cloths at hand, also the gtechniq application pads makes applying the kit easier, the ceramic coating is kinda grabby buffing off the excess, so don't worry it's just the start of its curing process,Exo is just the same process again but even more grabbier when buffing off,ideal temp around 23 degrees for a 5 hour cure time,between each product,your confidence will grow as you apply the product, end results are off the scale, you'll need C2v3 aswell, longevity is all dependant on how good your application is,l got around 8 months of awesome beading, but the ceramic coating lasted much longer......

Reactions: Supa Koopa, V6_Man and Bristle Hound
Yeah l applied gtechniq crystal serum and EXO 2 to my car this time 2 years ago, advice?,do one side at a time, panel by panel with the crystal serum,the panel wipe will remove any excess even after application say 30 /40 minutes, l found coating the doors the most difficult.... ie you need good light to see that you've applied/removed all the product, applying the product is OK a lot goes a long way remember , make sure you have plenty of new microfiber cloths at hand, also the gtechniq application pads makes applying the kit easier, the ceramic coating is kinda grabby buffing off the excess, so don't worry it's just the start of its curing process,Exo is just the same process again but even more grabbier when buffing off,ideal temp around 23 degrees for a 5 hour cure time,between each product,your confidence will grow as you apply the product, end results are off the scale, you'll need C2v3 aswell, longevity is all dependant on how good your application is,l got around 8 months of awesome beading, but the ceramic coating lasted much longer......

Cheers @jassyo06, very useful info. Gazebo goes on the shopping list as well then as this is the only way I can ensure it is done the shade and to maintain a 23 deg temp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
Cheers @jassyo06, very useful info. Gazebo goes on the shopping list as well then as this is the only way I can ensure it is done under a shade and to maintain a 23 deg temp.

As long as you apply it in the shade mate, piece of cake really

I applied the csl and exo v2 to my white Passat and over a year in living outside and not washed that regularly it's has held up very well.
I recently de tar the car and used fall out remover followed by a claymit session and the beading and finish was almost as when applied.

Iv just had exo v3 delivered for the new s4 in ibis and will prob put csl underneath but may just stick two coats of exo on.