GPS module - 2 months for a removal tool ?

jetty

Reaction score
I've been having issues with keys not being recognised and keys not unlocking with fob unless you are stood right next to the car.
Audi dealer has said the GPS module needs replacing - expensive part....Audi warranty won't cover it, fortunately the main dealer has agreed to cover the cost.

Anyway, they went to fit it the other day and couldn't, apparently they require a special tool which is expensive and needs to be hired in? I'm looking at February now!

Any idea which module this is - 5f ? and what this "special" tool is ?
You would have thought the module would slide out from dash ?

It’s the unit on the dash below the screen. It can be removed in seconds using the normal radio removal keys and/or a tiny bit of trim removal.

Not sure why they’re saying the 5F needs to be removed as keys are controlled by the 09/46.

It’s the unit on the dash below the screen. It can be removed in seconds using the normal radio removal keys and/or a tiny bit of trim removal.

Not sure why they’re saying the 5F needs to be removed as keys are controlled by the 09/46.

I wonder if Audi are talking about 46 (Central Convenience) as most of the locking system is controlled by this.

The bit behind the radio I thought was only for engine start but OP is having issues across all aspects of the locking system.