Got some A5 Y spokes on!

Lee_R

Reaction score
My car failed its MOT on a couple of tyres so needed some wheels quick, I'm a non believer in buying tyres, I get bored of wheels too soon! Grabbed some of these off Ebay to tie me over whilst I find something decent for the summer. They only cos £440 delivered but the tyres are a brand i've not heard of!

let me know what you think

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

DSCF0222.jpg

Thanks, got H&R 50mm all round. Just waiting for some better weather to do them, I have no garage or anything at my house but the wheels had to go on due to the illegal tyre.

I really like them and great for the money, they seem to fit well which has surprise me as I thought the A5 had the incorrect offset.

What brand are the tyres ?

The tyres are a brand called "Clear" anyone heard of them? The pattern is very nice but they must be rubbish for that price?

They fit well because they are replicas, ET45 variety. Genuine A5 wheels are ET28 so would stick out big time! They seem to have a much shinier finish that the OEM A5's so yeah i'm happy for the time being. Roll on the better weather so I can fit my springs and kit!

Been looking forward to seeing them on Lee! They look well, I went with replica wheels with budget tyres, mine are Mayruns, so far so good, nice and grippy, reckon £440 delivered is a good deal, interested to see the car once the springs go on.

My Eibach Sportline kit arrived from Damian at DPM this morning, booked in for fitment tomoz, look out for the thread.

Big thumbs up for the A5 reps, also, the centres look bang on too, are they the ones that were supplied with the wheels??? :icon_thumright:

They are not for me, sorry. I remember originally seeing them on an A5 & wasn't keen either - looked like bent scissors LOL. What size are they? Im going to replace my wheels when I need new tyres too LOL

50mm is a big drop on standard shocks isn't it?

The wheels look good though. I've never been a believer in skimping on tyres, they are after all your contact point with the road.

I look forward to seeing it lowered anyway.

Yeah 50mm is a bit of a drop but I've been told the S line shocks are more uprated than the others in the range so they will cope. If they dont then no worries, i'll just buy some uprated shocks!

As for the tyres, I'm a firm believer that the difference between budget tyres and expensive ones is getting narrower. If I speak to anyone over 40 they always refer to budget tyres as dangerous. They must have memorys of kingpin remoulds and assume anything budget is still on par!

Also there seems to be more and more so called budget brands coming out top in tests, especially KUMHO and Falken. These are brands people wouldnt touch 5 years ago.

They are 18 inch by the way!

i got falkan fk452 on mine and they seem pretty good :icon_thumright: