Goodyear Eagles

EnzoS4

Reaction score
not sure where to put this (admin - can move if required)

Just had my tyres changed, I always change all 4 due to the quattro system. the fronts where down to 2mm but rears still had 4-5mm left.

anyway not sure if these are any good to anyone and if tyres can be reused.?

if anyone is interested - 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric with about 4-5mm on them, just need to collect... if not I scrap them next weekend

235x40x18

interested.
where from?

not sure where to put this (admin - can move if required)

Just had my tyres changed, I always change all 4 due to the quattro system. the fronts where down to 2mm but rears still had 4-5mm left.

anyway not sure if these are any good to anyone and if tyres can be reused.?

if anyone is interested - 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric with about 4-5mm on them, just need to collect... if not I scrap them next weekend

235x40x18

Why do you not rotate them front to back after 5k miles to wear more evenly? 4-5mm is quite alot of rubber to throw away....

jcb - just on the outside of MK towards buckingham.

a4turbos - I did , I do.. for some reason the rear tyres are wearing quicker than the fronts, so within 6 months the rears are about 1-2mm difference. I would expect the fronts to wear quicker. the rears are wearing even on both sides..?

(12-15k miles per year)
I've tried lots of different tyres - dunlop, yoks, toyo, pirellis, mich and goodyears - pirellis and york were very good in most conditions but lasted less than 8 months, the mich were just too expensive for 8 months. the dunlops were very bad, good in dry but poor in the rain. Toyo good tyre, wear was good but only about 9+ months. goodyears wear was about the longest 10 months but very uneven wear (front 2 rear). I am now onto Bridgestones. see how these work out.

had a few interested, I know I wasn't asking for any think for these but as a few are interested, I would like to ask for a nice donation for the misses for doing the Race for Life for Cancer Research. so if any are still intested and can collect and make a nice donation that would be great.

so about £280 new for these, if I say £30 donation for both..?

sounds fair, won't be able to do anything about it until week after easter.

i tend to deliberately NOT rotate the tyres, that way instead of being lumped with a £400+ bill for replacing all four, the fronts wear out, i fit the old rears on the front and the 2 new tyres on the rear. Ok it means it happens more often, but to me £200 every 6 months is more affordable than a £400 lump every 12.

Plus theres no real problem with running the quattro system with slightly different tyres front/rear, as it has a proper centre diff.

As always with tyres, you should ensure the best tyres are on the rear of the vechicle. I find with my system that works out quite well.

jcb - great, what direction are you coming from. I am in Aylesbury sometimes if this helps, if not MK. after the weekend is fine.

aragorn - £400 if only... Audi and others have recommend not to run with more than 2-3mm difference.

I will be down the M1 from Edinburgh so MK is better.
I don;t get such dramatix front to rear wear difference. I am guessing you are 2wd?

I just got 4 x GSD3 eagles for £420 (admittedly not assymetricos) but through black circles. pretty cheap considering

from edinburgh :-o thats some way to come... about 6 hours one way..?

I am on 4wd, unless I have an issue I don't know about. if you just got 4, why another 2 ?

from edinburgh :-o thats some way to come... about 6 hours one way..?

not the way i drive ;)
did Edinburgh to London (city) there and back in 11.5 hours once (mostly night but still a good trip!)

I am on 4wd, unless I have an issue I don't know about. if you just got 4, why another 2 ?

not sure why, I suppose mine is set up to a handle neutrally on coilovers but I get pretty much the same wear front and back.

I am running RS4 suspension and brakes on an A4 body, I want to test out my theory that 225's will fit on 8.5" rims and clear the rolled and flared arches, without looking too chavvy and stretched!
I also have two GSD3's with a similar level of tread and was planning on running some winter wheels in 7.5J

I will be coming down to London anyway so you are (kind of) en route.

not the way i drive ;)
did Edinburgh to London (city) there and back in 11.5 hours once (mostly night but still a good trip!)

good going - bet most of the delay was down this way...

I want to test out my theory that 225's will fit on 8.5" rims and clear the rolled and flared arches

these are 235's...?

yeah, it was a typo, I knew they were

great. have a good weekend