Good dealers northwest

hungabunga

Reaction score
Hi all

New to the Audi forums coming from bmw forums (hope that isn’t a swear word round here)
Just picked up an early B9 sept 2015 3.0 tdi Quattro in Tango Red, was a demo model so got loads of options.
Since the car is not far off being 3 yrs old and having had poor experience with Stockport Audi thought I would ask which dealers are good in northwest area. I don’t mind travelling if it means I get good service, will extend the warranty before Sept.
The car has electric seats but no memory option which is a bit pointless and have read some posts regarding B8 and coding memory to key, is that an option with the B9. The car seems to be well put together but does have some buzzing and rattling when music turned up, got some silent coat on order so will hopefully fix some of the rattles.

Sully

Hi There

What were your issues at Stockport Audi? They really are the most incompetent business I have ever dealt with!

See my thread here. from start to finish over 3 months, it was the most painful experience ever, even when they were paying my compensation for my trouble this never happened and I had to hound them for it!

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ouch-dealership-damaged-my-car.374177/

As a result I'm looking for a new Dealer as well, so will follow this thread with interest. I've heard good things about Oldham? They also have a brand new "Audi Experience" flagship style premises, that's who I am swaying towards at the moment for when I next need to book in

Last edited:
A guy I know made the mistake of using Stockport

Washed his car and scratched it all over, they paid out for him to have it corrected.
They also rang him later that day to try flog him a tyre as one of his brand new tyres had a puncture, very convenient........

When I had them service my first RS3 they rang me to say the car was ready
I went down at 4.15 to collect, car was no where to be seen, 6.15 the car finally made an appearance after having an ECU update.

I went down at 4.15 to collect, car was no where to be seen, 6.15 the car finally made an appearance after having an ECU update.

haha yes, This is their normal way of working anyway, and this was par for the course before I even encountered my recent issues with them!

Hi all

Nothing as serious just general messing about with car not being ready on time. They even tried putting not advisory on wipers when they were replaced by them a few months before.
I am not too far from Oldham but it seems to be on of the big franchise type places rather than a smaller family run dealership.
Will give give Cheshire oaks Audi a shout when ready

Sohail

They are all franchises though.....Stockport and Cheshire actually belong to the same one, Inchscape which I think is the largest car franchise in the country? All Audi dealerships belong to similar sized franchises. Oldham is Jardine....my actual local one is Sytner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They are but sometimes the smaller ones can provider better service.
Will give Cheshire oaks a go and see how I get on. The place picked up the car from spoke highly of Audi Bradford

Macclesfield Audi seem pretty professional from a sales perspective, no experience on after sales however...

Have been pretty happy with Crewe myself: sales were decent and service do what they tell you they will do (and don't wash the car if you ask them not to!). Cheshire Oaks are OK for servicing but I found the sales pretty useless (wouldn't even entertain negotiating on price when I was looking for my B9 Avant). Preston for me were OK on sales when I bought my B7 but service was useless, chipped 2 alloys when removing and refitting them...