Glowplug/ABS/ESP/Fans stuck on and cut out.

Braddles

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and have found some interesting info although nothing I've found seems relevant to the issue I have.

So on my way to work this morning the dash on my 2003 A4 Avant 1.9tdi lit up like a Christmas tree as mentioned above and the engine cut out. I've had the glowplug light cutting the engine intermittently in the previous 2 weeks but it's always caught itself after dumping the clutch and "clearing it out"

It did restart this morning only to cut out again 30 feet later and then wouldn't restart.

The fans have been staying on when I turn off the engine and my temp gauge barely gets off of 50c. AC also stuck in Econ mode but I'm including that more as info rather than essential to me if that makes sense.

I've taken the scuttle off and had a look at the ecu but all looks fine there with no signs of water or damp. Same with the drain holes, all seems clear.

Wondering if anyone had any suggestions and if it's worth bunging in a break light switch as I saw mentioned on another thread?

Cheers

Brad