Gearbox Wobble

johnnyfinlandia

Reaction score
Have had a few judders or wobbles when driving slowly (say 40 kph) and then pushing the accelerator so gearbox (which is an auto with paddles etc) shifts down and the gearbox kind of judders before starting to speed up.

I think this isn't normal as I have not had this before. I am in the process of changing lights at the rear so fog and reverse are not on so possible extra current going to gearbox. I will try and solve the lights issue tomorrow, but in the meantime should I check the gearbox fluid and where is it ?

I use the manual shift and the 'judder' is not as apparent.

So far have had some not so nice problems with this car so I hope this isn't another biggy.

:(

OK I think it might not be the gearbox. It seems to be getting slowly worse. On idle it will have a kind of heartbeat judder every second or so but not as precise as a heartbeat ie. not 1-2-3-4 but semi-regularly.

Could it be a dirty spark plug and are they easy to pull out and clean or change in an Audi A4 Cab B7? If I stay in one gear and put my foot down it judders and seems to be misfiring. I have had a oil change and filter change quite recently so am unsure if it is that but it does now sound to me like a misfire. Not happy about this as the car seems to have been a Friday car. :(

Are there any other filters which should have been changed and maybe were not that I should?

The cold weather is not helping but it only 0 or so nothing spectacular .. yet. (Fin goes to '-30' sometimes here).

Any ideas what I could check?

OK having rear more from this and other googled posts I think it is the MAF. Does anyone know where the MAF is on an Audi A4 1.8T 2006 cabriolet ? I will have a go at cleaning it first and see if that makes a difference. Then next go for a reconditioned one.