Gearbox Malfunction light

fence

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just a quick little story.

6 months ago, I went to start up my Audi S3 66 plate less than 10k miles on the clock and the gearbox malfunction warning came up and then the engine didn't start, slightly poo'ing myself I waited a while turned it off and then started hey it worked.
Never had any problems driving the car everything was always smooth. Anyway I did some research and saw some people were calling up Audi assistance etc etc, I was always too busy to bother so thought nothing of it. Last week it happened again, so this time I called Audi assist, technician came out and found that there was 1 fault but couldn't actually do anything with it, it was driveable etc and told me to take it into Audi.
Last Thursday I drive it into my local Audi, I needed a replacement vehicle, they called up the company they use I believe it's through Europcar and they call me saying they can off me an A5 or if I waited a few hours more an S5.
So the S5 rocks up, looks and interior are amazing, like being in a cockpit. I would have liked to put more miles on it but the 3L V6 engine really does drink petrol, main thing I dislike is if driving around in D with the 8 speed gearbox at 40-50mph it's such a heavier a car I'm having to put my foot down to just nip in front of people by then I've lost another 5 miles. Safe to say I quite find my S3 more enjoyable!
Audi called me up today basically saying they've reset the fault but not actually found what triggered the issue. If I didn't have the S5 for the replacement I would have been disappointed that after all that nothing has actually happened...

Any similar problems with the gearbox malfunction?