Facelift Gear change indicator 'N'. And other questions

Wxm

Reaction score
Is it suppose to show this on a manual ?
IMG 3966

Also. How does one make the visual parking sensor display on the MMI full screen. What network does Audi connect use? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Manual gearboxes still have a neutral position :p I think that's fine :D

Reactions: Audi Bairn
No, it's definitely not supposed to show "Radio 1", as that unfortunately means the driver has no taste :(

As for the >N, it will be the same deal as S-Tronic with "Efficiency" selected in DS. Coasting where possible to reduce the need to re-accelerate, not 100% certain I'd be doing that in a manual though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, glospete and Psyman79
Were you sat with your foot on the break at the time? If so it's just telling you to put it in neutral rather than sit there in 1st.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Wxm
Pop it in neutral, lift off the clutch and the stop/start will operate. I'm not sure that there is an option to get the parking display to fill the whole screen. Don't know which network is used, but Cubic Telecom provide the service so might be worth asking them. Not tried it abroad yet (where it offers seamless roaming, apparently), but the UK still seems to have "notspots" .

Reactions: Wxm
Were you sat with your foot on the break at the time? If so it's just telling you to put it in neutral rather than sit there in 1st.
I was in neutral foot on brake and clutch

The virtual parking display operates only where you have spec'd parking plus. Do you have front parking sensors? If not, you don't have parking plus.

The virtual parking display operates only where you have spec'd parking plus. Do you have front parking sensors? If not, you don't have parking plus.
I've got parking plus but the display is small and on the right side of the MMI

I was in neutral foot on brake and clutch
If you put handbrake on and come off clutch the arrow next to neutral will drop off, it's just suggesting you go fully into neutral, same as when the arrows appear to shift down or up.

Pop it in neutral, lift off the clutch and the stop/start will operate.

Yes, this is how my 65 plate TDI tells me that stop/start is available. A white crossed through A is shown if stop/start in not available (due to one or more parameters not being met).

It has a '+' symbol which I thought would enlarge the display but it doesn't do anything
IMG 3999

Cubic seem to use EE in the UK

Reactions: alistairm1
It does on the PFL. Did they "improve" it for the FL?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk