Garage says new brake disc , pads & sensors ?.....

Klickflip

Quattro 4 life
Reaction score
Hi ,garage has said car needs new discs , pads and sensors all round as they are corroded.
It's 2.0T Q and is now in the care of my brother who is miles away and not very car knowledgeable !

I've had pads and front discs replaced a couple of years ago , but never heard of them needing to replace sensors as part of the job.
I also have had discs cleaned in the past to prolong life and tidy up.
However I did buy a new front sensor module the other year as old one got cracked and was throwing up brake pad warning light because of it.

He's been offered a cash deal for £500 which doesn't seem too bad.

Though I think they might be slightly 'at it' with the new sensor malarkey and saying they are all corroded, as most discs rust these days due to being all steel and no asbestos I believe .

Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Probably just needs pads, any pictures?
No photos as it's with my brother 400miles away. .. and I doubt he would / could take a wheel off!

Prob could do with pads tho. It had front ones and discs 2 years ago and back 4 years ago.
Annoyingly I told him the brake pad warning light is probably because of the cracked sensor which comes on now and again at full lock or going over a curb turning. And he has one I bought to be fitted.
But he didn't listen , panicked thinking brakes were bad took it to nearest garage and gets told everything need done...

Tell him to go and get a 2nd opinion at another garage

Somewhere that does free brake inspections like Halfords or Kwikfit

At least that way you will know if the first garage is trying to pull a fast one

Reactions: Klickflip
If they are not scored or the outer edge lip not to excessive, If they work well and no brake judder then maybe just swap out the pads......