G65 wiring test

whinfs

Reaction score
Evening
ECON light permanently on. I went to have my a/c regassed at a local auto elec. he informed me there was a fault with the pressure sensor and i would have to return another day to leave the car to have the wiring to the sensor checked, new sensor fitted and regassed for £200. ouch.

ive got a multimeter - can i unplug the sensor and see what voltages are present? if so should the engine be running and what voltages should be there?

i really cant afford £200....

cheers

Evening
ECON light permanently on. I went to have my a/c regassed at a local auto elec. he informed me there was a fault with the pressure sensor and i would have to return another day to leave the car to have the wiring to the sensor checked, new sensor fitted and regassed for £200. ouch.

ive got a multimeter - can i unplug the sensor and see what voltages are present? if so should the engine be running and what voltages should be there?

i really cant afford £200....

cheers

Your sensor should just unscrew and the schrader valve core should hold the charge unless the core has been removed or leaks
unscrew it very slowly you will get a little hiss but it should stop before it runs out of threads.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply. i plan on doing that but it was wondering can i test the electrical side i.e. the plug to make sure voltages are there

thanks for the reply. i plan on doing that but it was wondering can i test the electrical side i.e. the plug to make sure voltages are there

Yes it can be done terminal 1 is at the square end it is the ground/negative terminal 2 is in the middle and sends a square wave to the ecu that can be measured with a scope terminal 3 is the positive round end

i would assume it is faulty if your system is not choked or overcharged hope this helps.