Front Wings

blairmrennie

Reaction score
I have an 02 Avant which is suffering from both front wings being badly corroded. I had considered getting the local body shop to tart them up but I don't think there is much good metal left on one of them.

I was thinking about other options. Are the panels simply bolt on? So could I buy some new prepainted somewhere?

The other option is just to cover it up with all road style arch covers. Are they available to buy anywhere?

Any suggestions or experiences more than welcome.

Cheers

Blair

Reactions: QuattroCalum
Bolt on panel, just replace them. They are available painted on EBay but I doubt they would be a good colour match. You can get a pair (unpainted) for under £100 but panel quality is unknown. For example....
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/332281880779

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the quick reply. I am new on here and damn that is good service.

I had a feeling replacement would be the best option. I had wondered how much the colour would have faded over the years. It is a light blue so not as bad as red or black I don't think.

I guess the best thing about new ones is you can just hand them to the body shop and they can paint them at thier leisure? Or would they need the whole car to get the colour match right?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Personally I’d have them painted on the car that way the paint can be blended in to adjacent panels, welcome to the forum

Personally I’d have them painted on the car that way the paint can be blended in to adjacent panels, welcome to the forum

Thanks for the advice. I will look into that. Maybe the missus will get me some wings for Xmas!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

New wings a must, dintrol the inners and paint on car....