Facelift Front tyre Wear Inside Edge

jrumball

Reaction score
I bought my car about 4 months Used Approved it was 18 months old 16k miles. It had its 18k service last month a bit late at 18.5k as there was no availability and in the little video they sent me it showed quite substantial wear to the inside edge of the front tyres.

Is this an issue with the A3 ? If so is the remedy just getting the tracking done ?

Does anyone know how quickly this kind of wear can build up and should it of been noticed by the garage I bought the car off ? I am already suspicious as they said the car had been serviced and it hadn't when I bought it . They were good about it though they paid for the service i have just had done.

I understand tyres are a consumable item but if there was evidence of bad tracking because of wear at the point of sale that they did nothing about that is annoying .

Thanks

Yes, the car should have been serviced at 12 months old with that mileage.
I wouldn’t get new tyres until the tracking is checked.

It had its first service as the correct interval. i have contacted the garage I'll wait to hear back from them tomorrow

Are they continentals?
Years of using different brand of tyres I always found continental has a softer edge to their tyres and wears quicker on both edges than the center.
Tracking and everything checked and same car with different brands and it doesn’t do it with other brands.

Is looking at the tyres and tracking part of the £2000 worth of Audi's 145 exacting checks they do on "approved used"? Do you get a tick list of checks done on these cars when you buy it?
They seem to measure, send videos and comment on tyres every time they get their hands on my car.
Are they the original front tyres? If so they'll be fairly worn anyway. If they were new 2.5k miles ago they could have been replaced because the tracking was out and could be worthy of complaint.
They'll argue that tracking can be knocked out at any time and the tyres can wear quickly if it's way out.

Are they continentals?
Years of using different brand of tyres I always found continental has a softer edge to their tyres and wears quicker on both edges than the center.
Tracking and everything checked and same car with different brands and it doesn’t do it with other brands.

Nope Pirelli Cinturato P7 Blue, an ECO tyre it seems as the car is an e-tron, not sure if they are the originals ?