Front demister air vents poor.

Klickflip

Quattro 4 life
Reaction score
hi , we’ve noticed recently that our front windscreen air vent is really poor and doesn’t clear the windscreen very fast if at all on cold days.

There is little blow coming out of the top windscreen vents when front window demist is switched on.
There is the fan noise and seems like there should be a lot more air coming out , and plenty air is coming out of the main central dash vents.

Any ideas to see if it it’s blocked or how it works / deflects the air ?
Thanks

Reactions: RSTHRILLER
hi , we’ve noticed recently that our front windscreen air vent is really poor and doesn’t clear the windscreen very fast if at all on cold days.

There is little blow coming out of the top windscreen vents when front window demist is switched on.
There is the fan noise and seems like there should be a lot more air coming out , and plenty air is coming out of the main central dash vents.

Any ideas to see if it it’s blocked or how it works / deflects the air ?
Thanks
Hi I had the same on my b6 sounds like the mechanism that moves the vent flaps are sticking or dry take the glove box out to access the area under dash behind radio etc and W D lube the joints

Reactions: Klickflip
I have the same issue and in the middle of fixing this on mine!, but in my case the motor that control the demistor flap is dead.

As Jimbo said , you need to take the glove box out. On my b7 I had to remove 3 screws holding the top of the glove box, and two at the bottom. Remove my cd changer using the correct tool. Then remove another screw where the cd changer was. Remove glovebox , and you should see the motors. The one that has the green plastic mechanism attached to the motor controls the windscreen demistor

I have the same issue and in the middle of fixing this on mine!, but in my case the motor that control the demistor flap is dead.

As Jimbo said , you need to take the glove box out. On my b7 I had to remove 3 screws holding the top of the glove box, and two at the bottom. Remove my cd changer using the correct tool. Then remove another screw where the cd changer was. Remove glovebox , and you should see the motors. The one that has the green plastic mechanism attached to the motor controls the windscreen demistor

Thanks will check this out