Front and Rear washers not working 2006 8p

Stev_A3

Reaction score
How strange is this!...
Headlight washers work

But the front and rear windscreen washers do not work. I have tried the car in parked, neutral and drive and nothing.

When I try the front windscreen the rear washer switches on aswel.

Please help. Thanks

I had similar issues as well. The washer pump was faulty so changed it. It’s a front bumper off job but easy to change out the pump on the offside front corner.

Thank you. I don't think it is the pump? Due to headlight washers working.

Also the stalk when activated fir washer fluid makes the rear wiper work.

I have not been able to find any threads relating to this issue.

Thank you. I don't think it is the pump? Due to headlight washers working.

Also the stalk when activated fir washer fluid makes the rear wiper work.

I have not been able to find any threads relating to this issue.
Pump is separate for headlights

Can you hear the pump working?

It might be the stalk that is dodgy if the front & rear wash activate at the same time.

Reactions: aqibi2000
Thank you so much for your replies! I never new the headlights run of another pump!

I had a listen today and the pump is not activating for the front and rear washer.

Is the pump likely to go? I have used it very little over the years and the car is low mileage.

Probably not working due to lack of use.
The pump has a solenoid that switches between front and rear washers, it maybe stuck in one position. Just to prove it’s not the rear jets blocked, remove the rear wiper and the jet module and operate the rear wash, water should squirt backwards from the rear window. If it does then clear the gunk out of the jet cavity and ream out the two jet nozzles with a long thin needle. If it’s totally blocked then buy a new jet nozzle.
The pump & jet from Audi wont break the bank.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response. To access the solenoid/pump does the front bumper have to come off or can it be accessed on a ramp from underneath once the under tray is removed? Car is going in for a near side joint gaitor so garage may see?