Free MOT?

audi_driver

S LINE
Reaction score
Hey guys, my MOT is due on the 30th this month. Just wondering what the "free" MOT is audi are doing at the moment? Do I need to register or anything like that to get the free MOT? What about hidden charges? Thanks guys

You dont need to register, just ring your local Audi up and they will do it.

The MOT is free, but if it fails and you drive away, you have to pay £35 for the partial re-test.

Also, they say you can pay £49.99 for MOT protection, meaning if it fails, they pay for the repairs. But what they dont tell you, is that the cover is for next years MOT, not this year. So you can pay £49.99 this year, and be covered for next years MOT.

Hopefully it wont fail since its a 3 year old car, fingers crossed. Thanks :D

When I had my free MOT done, I had to register on the Audi website.

But that was in January so it might have changed.

I believe you still have to register on the Audi website. I did this 2 weeks ago.

G-man

Just fill the form in on the Audi website, print it out and take it in with you.

Yeah i registered on Audi website, but when i rang they told me about the offer, and didn't mention the website.

Wouldn't bother, they tried to do me. Took it council garage, passed, not even a advisory on it.
Well that's my experience of Cheshire Oaks Audi. Other dealers may play it by the book.
Phil

I'd deffinately reccomend taking it there, purely because they are very thorough and check everything over, but i'd never get the repairs done there. Its good just to find out the condition of your car. And even if it fails, you havn't lost any money, just gained a few nice cups of hot chocolate:)