FPR Question...

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Right, are the FPR's in the 1.8T Variable? i.e, do they supply 4 bar or >4 bar?, likewise is the 3bar FPR >3bar.

Pretty certain they are variable i.e supply on demand.

Rich

4 bar if the vacuum hose is not connected...
Less than 4 bar at idle, with that line under vacuum, to reduce the fuel pressure further and assist idle emissions....pretty much 4 bar everywhere else except under full vacuum (idle, with a closed throttle butterfly).

Same principle with the 3 bar versions...

I verified this the hard way...try setting up a standalone ECU with the vacuum line connected! The fuel pressure is all over the place at idle...not good for setting baseline idle maps up.

Rich, there is a bosch 5 bar fpr available that will give linear fuel curve for mapping, have yet to find where to get them though, try bosch motorsport.

also some peope use crushed fpr's, like 4 bar on s3, s4 to give 5 bar, only problem is it will give non-linear fuel curve, is PITA for tuners on RR
what has actually happened here is the fpr spring has been crushed and is constantly more compressed giving the higher pressure but at the same time gives it less movement under compression so non-linear fueling , this is the principle of the adjustable fpr's that are 3-5 bar etc,

hope thats helpful

My query is concerning emissions... I need to cut mine down a little for the MOT... CO2 is too high, which means its running too rich...

Rich

oh my appologies. thats what happens when i skim read.

No worries dude... I didnt mention why in my first post anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'm using a 3.5bar fpr or thats what jabba said and it sailed through the emissions.
Maybe your mapping is at fault?AMD isn't it.

No fault with the map thanks. Had a major air leak last year which wont have helped. I've checked AFR numerous times and its perfect.

Don't know anything about AMD mapping,i know gary handas car melted after a rr session there whos fault i have no idea..
In my opinion Mike at Jabbasport is the best 1.8t mapper in the uk.

But Gary Handas is not the only one... There have been numerous cars that have melted housings...Bill's ibiza being one of them.

Gary Handa melted a piston ring on the dyno being tuned on the RR at AMD and need a complete rebuild

Bill melted a housing on the track after 45k of track miles,engine was not harmed.

big difference.

Not going to get into this arguement again...Its getting dull.

My question was answered.

Didn't relise there was/is a argument.

There isnt.. But i dont want to get into one, because thats the way it always ends up...

No worries.end of discussion

Had MOT done today...passed no problem! emissions are perfect .etc, so last years prob was vacuum leak messing up the mixture!

Rich